1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windshield Replacement - Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by MrBig, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Atleast the TASS is trying to get it sorted out,things like this make a lot of difference in prospective buyers mind...btw can you post the piics of the cracks you are referring to?
  2. hebbal1273

hebbal1273 Timido

I do not have the pics. But they were similar to the ones posted by Kavit Sharma in this thread. There are no visible signs of impact. But the crack orginates from the bottom of the windshield and progresses upward. This points to some kind of stress on the windshield that may be causing it.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Stone hit and windshield cracked:(.

Checked with Windshield experts in Madiwala, Bangalore, quotes price of ~5800.

What is OEM price?

4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Oh. Unfortunate. It is very dangerous to drive as is. Get it replaced as soon as possible.

Even if it costs slightly less better to stick with windshield experts than FASS. :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

AFAIK, FASS quotes more.

My windshield was replaced when car was barely a month old. Went with WE and got Saint Gobain SEKURIT windshield.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Hi Ravi, my Linea windshield has a crack too (stone hit) and will need replacement, let me know your experience and total cost including insurance claim.
  7. Where is the review? Does SG glass helps to keep the car cooler than OEM?
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

No idea Raghu. But it is more greenish than AIS glass.

The SG glass has taken a lot of stone hits too, but other than miniscule chipping of glass, the windshield is intact. My AIS gave up with just a small stone hit in comparison.
  9. More greenish means lot more tint? I feel so but let someone confirm.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yes, I meant the tint. The glass is printed with 'Green' lettering explicitly.
    1 person likes this.