1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windshield Replacement - Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by MrBig, Dec 4, 2011.

1. MrBig

MrBig

Bangalore
    Hi All

I have a 2010 Fiat Punto 90HP. During one of my drives from Bangalore to Chennai the windshield developed a crack. Must be some loose stone hitting it. I need to replace my wind shield.

I need some advice on this. Should i go for to a TASC and get the OEM windshield or is it better to go to WindShield Experts and get it replaced. Any advice would be welcome.

MrBig
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Welcome to the club!! I am replacing my 2 month old Punto's windshied today. Get in touch with Windshield experts. They stock the original and can do the job better. You can claim insurance as well.
  3. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Dude , welcome to the club... i just replaced my windshield in Windshield Experts... costed me 1580 after claiming insurance... and lost CR70 (7K) :(
    If you go to TASS, they will take 3 days and this guys taking only 3 hrs...

Oh Man, its very sad to see increasing count...
  4. MrBig

MrBig

Bangalore
    Thanks for the info guys. I guess i will head straight to WindShield Experts.

I too had fitted VKool V70 on the windshield. :-(
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    My Punto's windshield has developed a crack aswell when loose gravel hit it hard on a rainy day. I haven't replaced it yet, cause it doesnot bother me any more (got used to it). But is it mandatory to replace it asap or can run the vehicle for couple of more kms before I get it replaced?
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Better to replace it. In any case, if not today then tomorrow you're going to replace it. So why not today?
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Kiran, Windshield is very much an integral part of the car as it holds the wind force when you drive faster. Better to replace it immediately and if you are planning to go for insurance the earlier the better.
  8. MrBig

MrBig

Bangalore
    Better to get it replaced. If you are driving on bad roads etc there is a chance for the crack to grow and shatter the windshield. Also if its a big crack there is a chance of Water Leaking through it.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Spoke to WindShield Experts Bangalore - Madivala Branch. The cost for the Punto WindShield is Rs 6280/-. (Inclusive of Tax, fitting etc). It will take about 2.5 hours to fix it.
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Thanks all. I will look in to the matter as soon as I am back to India. BTW my insurance will be renewed next week, I will have to get it replaced using the new insurance. And is there a branch of WindShield Experts in Hyderabad?
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai