1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windshield Repair

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by yougotmi, Jun 29, 2010.

1. yougotmi

yougotmi Amatore

Gaya
    Do you know small chips on wind sheild can be repaired. If the crack on the windscreen is smaller than 1.5 inches, it can probably be repaired.

http://www.windshieldexperts.com/flash/cracks.html

Now, you all know where to go for this. Please visit the experts.
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Interesting!
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yes this is very true.. one of my frnd did it but i still prefer a replacement man:)
  4. and the best part is most of the time Windshield Experts will have the spare windsheild in stock even if its not there with the TASC and they do have the cashless tie up with all major Insurance companies.
  5. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune
    I had used these guys services on my Santro. Pretty quick and responsive. But it takes a day to get the jobs done. So they picked up the car from my office, did the repairs and dropped the car back at the end-of-day. They had the exact windshield that Hyundai puts on a Santro.
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very true.. They hav almost all type of windscreens for all types of cars which is the best part of going there
  7. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Not related to windshield, but the strip just below the windshield...The plastic strip in my black color has got white patches (due to shampoo washes) or either way it look ugly. Now, is it same for all the black punto's? The strip is quite annoying and looks real ugly. What's the alternative? Have a black paint or polish or something ? Let me know !

Many thanks !!!
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    arul,

try Formula 1 Protectant (Dash cleaner) on that thingy which is called Cowl. It should work.
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even i face the same issue.. Especially cos my car was guys uses borewell water to clean my car in my building..
    Need to get that formula1 thing.. Also need to polish my car at the car spa which cleans everything.. Would do it after rains
  10. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    1. What are the 3 perforations on the black border of front windshield for (near bottom corner).?
    2. Some rubber parts on the exterior and getting bent. (For eg: one end of the rubber strip that runs along the length of the car on the roof, the edge of the part that runs along the bottom border of front windshield). What to do with these? any ideas?