1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windshield Coming off !

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by sriku23, Nov 22, 2013.

1. sriku23

Hello Guys

Need to share a problem with reference to the windshield of my punto

I had cracked my windshield once (due to a truck carrying stones on a highway ) .. and I had replaced it at Concorde Motors paying in full. I just couldn't imagine anything going wrong on a windshield replacement.. i took delivery and left.. this was in the hotter months of FEB. come August we started having rain.. i started noticing water leaking from the front windshield. now.. Concorde was no longer associated with Fiat.. it was our dear Aadhya motors in Bangalore i was also due for my 2nd paid service.. ( 49K done , I always service early ) hence i waited and went to Aadhya this Tuesday when I got a slot .. I soon realised for the car i drove for only the oil change and gear getting hard after 10Kms of driving .....all my Glow plugs were Gone (Rs1100/ plug).. the cost of replacement of all oils and filters was Rs 8000 , the reason for having a hard to put gear was . my Clutch assembly .. the master cylinder , slave cylinder and some more were completely gone ! (Rs 13000) my brake pads are Rs 3200 .. Phew.. this was the estimate.. all the above are wear and tear parts.. I have no issues paying up .

but the shocker is this.. I have still got to pay them for re fixing the windshield . that had been (NOT)fixed by concorde correctly earlier .estimate Rs 4000 !! which is not my fault... but the quality of service in a authorized Fiat showroom should be the responsibility of Fiat. whether its Concorde or Aadhya.. moreover it comes with a warning.."if while removing the windshield it cracks or breaks it would be my responsibility !!! " how assuring right? these are supposed to be the Professionals trained by Fiat right?

When I am shelling out money for all the above 4k is no big deal. but the doubt whether they will fix my clutch / brake pad/ and everything else right is a killer.. imagine driving with your family in a car on a highway..we all love driving our Fiats .. but if this is the assurance from a Fiat authorized service station its shaky.
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    For the windshield issue you can check out "Windshield Experts" as an alternative. Usually they are good at what they do.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I have heard this so many times now. Clutch goes hard and FASS goes all out and recommends changing every single thing in the clutch system. Well, that is just comical on their part. Milk the customer as much as possible. In one instance they also recommended changing the flywheel - in a car which had done 26,000 km's. I am just awaiting the instance when they will say the engine needs replacement every 15,000 km's :rolleyes:

Unless the clutch cylinders are leaking or seized solid or exploded etc etc , there is never a need to replace them. I have a 8 year clutch cylinder in the Palio D and it can give a new Linea clutch a run for it's money.

So, if it were me getting the work done, I would just get the clutch kit changed and enjoy driving.

1 person likes this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

It is always advisable to do a shower test, as soon as the sealant sets in, after a windshield replacement. We cannot wait for the rains, can we?

And as someone said, Windshield Experts do a better job than most A.S.Ss.

Go to WE now, they can temporarily seal the leak by applying some more sealant where it is leaking.
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    I replaced my windshield in the last summer from WE---no such issue till date.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

All the Glow Plugs would not have gone at same time insist on replacing only one which is dead. If you are OK in getting it changed outside the Bosch Glow plug that is Fiat OEM costs about 350/- in open market.
    Write to Fiat about windshield problem, I had the same problem after getting Elastic Pad changed at TASS and New Fiat ASS refused to change it under warranty just wrote to Fiat and fiat took care of everything, ASS picked car from home and delivered with everything set right with no bill as new parts come with a warranty of 6 months.