1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windows phone thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ajuvignesh, Mar 17, 2013.

1. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi!

I have a Lumia 720. After locking the screen, In case I get a message, the first line is and the name of the sender is seen on the display. How can I stop this :(.

Kiran
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ If you are referring to text message alert, am afraid. Don't think it can be turned off. But, there is an option to turn off Whats app alert.
  3. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ordered Nokia Lumia 520 from Tradus (INR. 9100) for my wife. Not yet received the item

Rajeev
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Rajeev for L520. My wife is also using the same and battery life is simply amazing. One of the best have seen in Lumia range considering it has a 4 inch screen.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Is there any app where we can use google maps in windows 8?
    I am contemplating to buy a Nokia L720, biggest eyesore is the HERE drive maps which looks a kids drawing book.
  6. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi,
    Received the phone just few hours back. Initial impressions are really great.
    Feels nice to hold and work with one hand.

:)
    However functionality-wise, it is really good. I am currently using Sygic & Google Navigation on Android and previously used waze and navfree.

I found 'Here drive' equally good to those mentioned. It uses Navteq maps (may be due to many of my friends are working there) ;)

Rajeev
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  7. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    ^^ Ya, Agree its an awesome phone with high security and awesomely ergonomic for this price range.
    I was reading the navigation part is OKish with less number of landmarks enroute to identify.
    BTW, can you create background wallpapers for the main tile screen and the app list screen?
  8. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello guyz please share your thoughts on Lumia 820 i am seriously considering this. Currently i am using Sony W8.
  9. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    Offline capability of Nokia Drive-Here ismuch better than any of the competitor.You don't need any data connection for using the Drive/Here.Just download the map and you are ready to go. You cant change the background wallpapers for the main tile screen.If you want more customization and apps, windowsphone wont be the right choice now.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its definitely a good option. However, to make an informed decision and convince yourself, do read reviews on sites like gsmarena, WPcentral, user reviews on flipkart. Am sure these will help in your selection process
    1 person likes this.