1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windows phone thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ajuvignesh, Mar 17, 2013.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, heard there is 'storage check' update in latest firmware update (1308). Did any one try installing the same?
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    My father found the Wi-Fi password. Its time to download some apps! :)

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Can anybody give feedback on the performance of video calls using Skype on 620?
  4. Update Samsung Omnia W (WP 7.5)to Windows Phone 7.8. Notable New features are

1. Re-sizable Tiles
    2. More Theme colors
    3. Improved Mail sync timings
    and few more (I don't know)

Now the Start Screen looks like a Windows 8. After organizing the start screen with different tile sizes, now the phone looks Cooler. My colleagues (Iphoners and androiders) were actually WOW'ed after looking at the phone. The new theme colors are also good. If there was an App for taking screenshots, i would have actually shared the screen. And another good news for Windows Phone HDFC Customers is, a HDFC Bank app available in the market place for WP7.5, WP7.8 and 8. The app is awesome, better than the internet banking experience. Try it out.
    3 people like this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For W8, there is a screen capture option. So you can surely give it a try. Whether the same is available for 7.8 as well! Yes, the resizeable tile and the homescreen really looks different from the IOS and Android.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    How to take the screen capture? :p
  7. Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
    3 people like this.
  8. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    My brother clicked this yesterday. The photo has been cropped. The result is pretty impressive.

WP_20130414_003.jpg

This pic is now 520's lock screen! :)
    2 people like this.
  9. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    This commercial surely will take Windows phone to a new level.loving it.. :)
  10. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    The storage check is an additional feature that comes with the new 1308 firmware update. You can't really install it manually. It can be found in the settings menu, after updating to the new firmware.

But in most of the Lumia 920's the storage check doesn't work after the firmware update. Even in my 920, it doesn't work. It keeps on spinning and spinning.

Nokia is working on the bug. But for now, Nokia has released a beta version of the storage check named as ''Lumia storage check''. It has to be downloaded manually and doesn't come with the firmware updates as it's a beta version. This beta version after two to three updates, finally works fine.

For now, you can use this ''Lumia storage check'' from the app list to check your storage options and clear unwanted temporary files.