1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windows phone thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ajuvignesh, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Had similar issue with the lock button in my wife's windows phone. could only half pressed. That was because of some dirt got into the gap. tapped the phone on my palm 5 or 6 times and it started working fine, so that the dirt blocking the button got away. The same issue has come quite a few times and the tapping the phone on the palm worked all the times. May be you can try that. This happens only when me or my wife put the phone in our jeans.
  2. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Tapping did not work in my case.In fact my issue is little different. The button is always in autofocus position. If the shutter button is pressed fully it takes pics but when released the switch returns and struck at autofocus position rather than coming all the way up.

Is it possible to choose a default application from a bunch of similar apps for a particular task like browsing?
    Thanks guys for your replies :)
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Finally got the Lumia 520 today. We enquired about its availability yesterday. Nokia Priority Store said it will come in 2 weeks. Another dealer said 2 days. Asked another dealer, he said book it today, and I will get one for you tomorrow. So payed Rs 500 in advance. Dad got the call from the dealer today in the afternoon and we brought it home in the evening.

IMG-20130408-WA0000.jpg

Will get the SIM cut tomorrow. The first impression is pretty good. Liked the tile interface, it is different from the conventional Androids.

I have one question. Can we set up a Wi-Fi connection using WPS? I forgot the password of my modem, so configure all devices using WPS. Tried to find it, couldn't do so.

Sent from my MZ601 using Forum Runner
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Generally we enter the admin page of the modem setting using the userid/pass of admin/admin. The URL should be 192.168.1.1. Did you try this?
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @prakhar, Congrats for L520. Was thinking about the same for my wifey. Do share your experience. So how much was the showroom price?
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Thats a Lumia 520:)
    1 person likes this.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oops! My bad. Thinking about my L620 while typing L520! :evilsmile
  8. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Using L620, for a week now, it is refreshing from Android. Experience so far is good, live tiles, one note and office applications. status bar (network, battery, wifi ...) appears based on application you are in, quite liked this, it makes you feel you are using computer than a mobile.
  9. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Will try it today. :)

Thanks punto_emotion! Since the SIM hasn't been cut yet, it hasn't been used much. Will update the experience after using it for a couple of days. The showroom price was Rs 10500 + Rs 300 for the screen guard (the dealer didn't give it for free).

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2
  10. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    bought black L620 for 14k. its worth the price. I gave away my e6 and am quite happy with the L620.