1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windows phone thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ajuvignesh, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    In that case why don't you shift to vodafone? Vodafone's pre-paid services are good, and now, they have launched new plans for internet too! I too use vodafone, but it's a post-paid connection. And customer support at vodafone are really good! Using it since 5 years.

Go to people --> settings (select it from the bottom where 3 dots would be appearing). Then select filter my contact list, and then make sure hotmail is selected.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1, After getting Lumia, straight away walked into near by Vodafone store and got a micro SIM for free. Customer representative told it would be active in next 30 mins which I wasnt ready to believe and was prepared for the delay. But voila, the new SIM was active in just 20 mins and in no time the Vodafone Mobile Connect internet service was also up and running. Was really happy with the speed of Vodafone's service.
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    From where I can get a BSNL micro SIM? Can I get it from a BSNL telephone exchange? Or will I have to resort to cutting the sim?

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

If you cant find it,cut it,simple.
    I have never faced any problems after cutting the sim card.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Airtel offers lumia customers a 2gb free 3G data per month for three months and if everything goes fine i will get it. BTW what are the new plans from vodofone?
    Ya i can see hotmail is being checked still i could not retrieve the contacts. Synchronizing with my google account brought all my contacts back :) I sent few contacts as vcards via bluetooth to lumia from my old phone but still lumia could not display them even though it received all.
    you're lucky :). new connections will be activated only after verification (officers contact you either through phone or visit your residence or both) which may take up to 5 days.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mine was an existing 7 year old Vodafone connection :D So it was just change of SIM for me.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    my bad. I thought you bought a new vodo connection.In that case my airtel got activated in just 10 minutes :p
  8. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Vodafone plans vary at Chennai. It's entirely different for the rest of TN. But as far as 3G packs are concerned, it's almost the same. You can opt for 300mb plan at Rs.100, and after which you can use the add-on plan by paying extra 100 bucks for additional 300mb of data. It's beneficial for us, if we want to keep, our general monthly charge to around Rs.350 apart from the usage charge.

That's strange, cause if you are able to retrieve google contacts, you must be able to do it from your hotmail too! :confused:

And regarding contact transfer, why don't you transfer the contacts to your sim, from your old mobile and then use it in your Lumia? it's relatively easy too! You can get a case for the micro sim, so that you can use it in other mobiles too.
  9. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    Amazing app...will download & try it on my Lumia 620
    1 person likes this.
  10. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I found a solution at last.Windows account can only sync emails. I added a hotmail account with the same email id. Now i can sync calender, contacts, emails etc.
    The camera button is not responding properly. Its always being half pressed. Some kinda manufacturing defect it seems. Will be taking it to nokia care in a day or two and claim for replacement.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex