1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windows phone thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ajuvignesh, Mar 17, 2013.

1. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    The phone looks very good! Will recommend it to my brother, he is looking for a new phone. His requirements are similar to yours.
    1 person likes this.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ srida & prakhar, thanks ! :up

prakhar, soon Lumia 520 would be available in 10k to 11k bracket. It has almost all the features of 620. Your brother can check that as well. But beware of flip-side of W8 OS as compared to Android. If a person is a huge apps & games freak, then he wouldnt be impressed with W8. As conveyed earlier, this is a no-nonsense smart phone which performs its operations without any lag and has a premium feel to it for the price.
    1 person likes this.
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Thanks for pointing this out! Will check it out.

My brother said that he doesn't want too many apps. He might like the refined UI of Windows Phone 8.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    This is simply too crazy! What's your normal usage like?
  5. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Haha! I sms a lot. Normal usage on call. And i do play ''Wordament'' a lot. It's an online game. Phone does get warmed up, on playing online games. But doesn't really drain the battery. I check FB once in 30min, at the same time, my gmail gets synced automatically. I do listen to music, for about an hour or more a day; but only through ear-phones. Playing via external speakers, does affect battery life, not on a larger scale though!

The key to extracting the best battery life, is to turn off bluetooth, wifi, nfc, gps, and cellular connection when not needed. Just turn it on when required! Makes sense! ;)

- - - Merged Post - - -

A big NO! No way! Who said WP8 doesn't have good games as of in iOS and Android? Check again! EA have come into WP8, they've launched almost all of their new games, including the Dark Knight Rises. Now, even some games are being offered exclusively for WP8.

Give them some time to develop. They are already on a highway roll! Especially NOKIA and WP8!

And WP8 is supposed to outsell iPhone. Check this link out! http://www.wpcentral.com/which-countries-windows-phone-outselling-iphone

@all: Do check out wpcentral.com for all the updates! Here's the link: http://www.wpcentral.com
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How to turn NFC off?

I agree! Temple run is available on W8 now and FM radio is also expected soon :up I meant only in terms sheer numbers under 'free games' & 'free apps' category.

Thanks for the link.
  7. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Go to Settings --> Tap+Send --> NFC sharing. Turn it off.

Check that forum regularly for the updates and other news on WP8.
  8. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Planning to get one lumia 620 as my old android died last week. How about the upcoming lumia 720? Is it worth waiting for and what about the price?:anyone
  9. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    I would strongly recommend you to wait for the 720. It's almost like a mini Lumia 920, with 2000mAh battery, NFC sharing, and guess what, it has an expandable memory upto 64GB, which even my 920 doesn't have!

And coming to the price, expect it to be around 18k.

- - - Merged Post - - -

And I forgot to mention, do turn off most of the back-ground apps, including HERE apps. That'll definitely improve the battery life!
    1 person likes this.
  10. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    when can i expect it to be launched? I'm using a basic phone right now which behaves ridiculously since yesterday and so i want to purchase a phone Asap. I think lumia 620 also has NFC sharing. apart from camera, battery and ips screen, how 720 differs from 620? I am not a gamer and i use an mp3 player for all my entertainment needs. so I don't think battery is a problem for me. even if it is i can get a nokia 2200 mAh travel charger for around 1.2K. :p