1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windows phone thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ajuvignesh, Mar 17, 2013.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Upgraded from L620 to L730. Here are first impressions-

> Man, Nokia just know how to build solid devices (just like Fiat:p) The phone is a looker and feels premium to hold in ones hand (considering the price range) Typical of Nokia's attribute - it feels build to last. My L620, even after 2.5 years of usage did not have any problem with the build and performance. Only battery had started to show signs of weakening.

> Aided with clear black technology, the OLED display is sharp and crisp. Gorilla glass does well to protect from scratches

> Camera: 6.7MP with Zeiss optics. This is one area where Nokia has never failed to disappoint me. Day light pics are simply great and Lumia Camera works well. Though, low light photography is still a question mark. Front 5MP Selfie camera manages to click good quality selfie shots during day time and also is quite a handy feature while video calling.

> Battery: I have been using since 4-5 days and have been able to extract full day's of battery with 3G. (calls+Whats app+net browsing)

> One thing I miss from L620 is the glance screen support. Cant figure out the omission of the same in L730!:(

> Call quality is great with crystal clear voice even in places of low network connectivity.

> Music: Music quality could have been better. I use JBL stereo headphones to compensate for the same.

> FM clarity: yet to check

> Cortana Alpha: working great so far. It takes a bit of time to build rapport with Cortana but it has good capabilities. MS should release the full version soon!

That's it from past 4-5 days of usage; eagerly waiting for Windows 10 to go live..
    asimpleson and ramjn like this.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From last couple of days was facing the issue of screen going blank while making a call and double tap wasn't responding all that well. Almost decided to take it to the Nokia shop. Finally, it struck! Screen guard was the culprit! Proximity sensor was acting cranky due to screen guard interfering with it. Removed the same and everything seems working just fine now.