1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windows phone thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ajuvignesh, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Cool! Great buy! And regarding the battery issue, allow your battery to drain upto some 4% under mild usage, after which your phone automatically shut downs, and then charge until it's full. Keep it under charging for couple of hours even though if it's fully charged. Do it a couple of times, and once the battery stabilises you can expect much better battery life.

And, do turn off background apps, like here maps, here drive, and here city lens. They do drain the battery pretty fast.

Between, what colour have you got? Post some snaps if possible!
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have noticed a change in my Punto's Blue & Me after pairing Lumia 620. Now when I receive a text message, there is a notification on MID as 'New private number' :) Have any body else with. A Windows phone noticed this.?

@ Avinash, my Lumia is white colour. Yeah, shall post a pic soon. Since two days, tied up with Lumia :D
    1 person likes this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Oh yes. That is the default Windows Phone behaviour. As a matter of fact, when I receive a message, not only what you have said happens, the windows phone message reader takes over and announces - "New message from xxxxxx. You can say read it or ignore". When you say "Read it", it reads the message and prompts " You can say Call, Reply or I'm done". Based on your choice, the phone allows you to dictate a message, call the sender or end and resume music".

For this to work, you will need to go to Settings -> Speech. Now scroll down to the last option, which reads -" Read aloud incoming messages" and choose the appropriate options. Mine is set to "Bluetooth Only".

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Rajan, thanks for the info. Shall try it out.
  5. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai

you should update this here

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/faqs-updates-database/21-fiat-linea-punto-did-you-know-series.html
    1 person likes this.
  6. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Any one here updated there lumia 800 with WP7.8?

My lumia 800 not showing any sign for update...even i connected to Zune..no use..:eek:
  7. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore

I have updated my Lumia 800 with Windows 7.8 two months back.I think it is still not available via Zune. I have used the Navifirm to update to 7.8 Later somewhere i heard like Microsoft temporarily suspended the windows phone 7.8 rollout so you can update it through Navifirm but its risky :eek:
  8. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks santhu....let me try with navifirm.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here are the pics of my Lumia 620,

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.JPG
    5.JPG
    6.JPG