1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windows phone thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ajuvignesh, Mar 17, 2013.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have been using L620 for close to a year & L520 for @6 months. I concur with the reviews expressed over here. Agree that as an OS its still evolving and lacks few aspects like a unified notification (expected to be fixed in W8.1) but one thing where WP outperforms is the fluidic experience it offers, especially at low end gadgets. Like with 520, one can get amazing lag free performance, smooth OS, Quality Nokia apps, Sturdy build, Office suite, Decent camera, good battery life, great readability under the sun etc etc at @8k, which I feel is surely a steal. Slowly but surely, almost all major apps and games are made available in Windows store. At the end of day, if a person doesn't want to invest heavily on a smartphone but craves for a device which does the basic stuffs without a fuss and lag free experience; feel WP8 is an ideal choice. Especially Lumia series.

Sent from Lumia using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Paired my Lumia 920 with the Blue&Me. My Linea now reads the text received on my phone. Experiencing this for the first time. Not sure if all windows phone are compatible with Blue&Me for this feature.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yes Ramesh, all Windows phones support this. BTW, welcome back to our land. :D
    1 person likes this.
  4. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi guys, I would like if some one helps here...
    I'm using Lumia720 for some time now. My concern is when I save a video file from my laptop on it, it gets saved twice (every video file shown two times under the head Videos)
    Is it normal or what?
    Please respond.
    Thanks
  5. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Lumia Black update is available for L920 and L925. Soon it will be available for L 820/720/620/625/525/520. Update gives glance screen color changing feature, enhanced camera functioning and photo beamer - you can beam it on flat tv screen. Waiting for my L620...

Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk
    3 people like this.
  6. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Please check if you have amber update.
    This was resolved during the update of Lumia with amber.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I just installed 'Whatsapp' in my Lumia 920. I am getting the following error. What could be the issue?

Connectivity Error
    Whatsapp has detected an issue with your device's Push Notification system. Please reboot your phone.

I tried reboot as well but the issue is not resolved.
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Is the error appearing when you press back button while on Whats app screen? If so, it might be MS server issue as well. Most of the times its self healing :) is the status showing as connected and are you able to get notifications on time for Whats app pings? Also, do check whether Whats app is appearing in the list of aps for which background run has been enabled

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are right. I am getting this when I press the back button.

I am not getting any notifications. I am able to see the messages only when I open the application.

How do I check this? :)
  10. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Under settings you have swipe right ( it would go from systems to applications) --> Background tasks . Please let me know if can't find it will post screenshots.

I get the same issue once in a while only a restart fixes it. It doesn't happen to often so I just ignore it.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014