1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windows phone thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ajuvignesh, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai

I do! Moved to Lumia 925 a week back from the Nexus 4.

1. The brilliant camera. This is the only reason i got this phone. With the Nokia procam app we get to control the focus, exposure, shutter speed etc manually. That presents tremendous flexibility and brings in new possibilities to the phone camera.

2. Build quality is pretty good. Frels solid in the hands. Better than my Nexus 4. The buttons and the entire phone feel sturdy. No complaints with the camera hump for me

3. The windows UI is a refreshing change for me from Android. It feels fresh n 'modern'

4. I find the music playback on earphones with the dolby effect turned on better than my Nexus 4 with CM10.2 DSP manager

5. Integrates better with Blue n Me. Reads out text messages aloud! I love it!

Dislikes:

1. Customizations. I ve been spoilt by the Nexus 4's customizability. Custom ROMs, custom home screens are all sorely missed. All that I am able to do now are change the tile layout and colour. Even the colours are limited!

I am someone who gets bored with he home screen pretty soon and i used to change the way it looks very frequently on he nexus. This is a handicap for me now.

2. App experience is not as rich as Android. Apps like Facebook and youtube though available for WP are no way as rich or fluid as the Android versions. But its not so bad that I cant manage. Third party replacements are available for missing apps like Instagram and its sufficient for me.

If you love clicking pics with your phone, you'll simply love the 925. This stonker of a camera more than just overweighs the above 'dislikes' of mine!
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    I am a fan of GPS + GLONASS phones with google maps.nokia having this yet what prevents me getting one for myself.

what handicaps nokia lumia 520,720
    1.absence of voice navigation.though equipped with GPS + GLONASS(please correct me if i am wrong)
    2.cannot attach files.(read all model)
    3.limitation of apps store.
    4.customization of home screen
    5.file manager(very important yet missing)

Too good
    1.GPS + GLONASS for all model yet spend 28K for voice navigation.
    2.secured with windows.
    3.awesome built quality like FIAT.
    4.awesome camera.

some of the user reviews:) LOL

1.buy a plastic samsung phone or an htc device and install those laggy, ad filled pirated apps that need permissions like reading your call log, seeing which color underwear you are wearing and access your phonebook. Its like posting your bank account credentials in the public. No matter which android phone you buy **IT WILL START LAGGING** after a few weeks of use.

If you are so interested in playing games, get yourself a console, phones aren't meant for gaming. Even the best android phone will lag. Before complaining, note that microsoft focuses on 'security' and doesn't want any nasty jerk like you to cause piracy, if you are so very used to piracy, switch to lagdroid and stop assuming about windows.

2.FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE RAM>>> IPHONE 4S HAS ONLY 512MB RAM BUT STILL IT COSTS 34K IN INDIA AND STILL ITS CONSIDERED ONE OF THE GREATEST PHONES EVER MADE... REMEMBER,,,, IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH RAM A SMART PHONE HAS, IT DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH RAM THE OS ACTUALLY NEEDS TO RUN ANY KIND OF APPLICATION SMOOTHLY WITHOUT ANY ANDROID LIKE LAG !!! IPHONE 4S HAS PROVED IT ONCE FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!! SO NEVER EVER WORRY ABOUT THE RAM!!!

quest for GPS+GLONASS voice guided smart phone not yet....so

buy a garmin GLO and cheap android tablet(already have chinese one)

Garmin GLO review - GPS Tracklog
  3. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    - Not really sure of whether voice navigation is available in 720.

- What do you mean by can't attach file!? In my L920, am able to attach all doc files, even excel files. For pdf files, you can install the official adobe reader app & can share all your files.

- Days have changed. Almost all apps are now available in Windows store. I use both an android as well as a WP8.

- Agree on that part. Still, new glance screen app is a part of customisation. And with GDR3 that's supposed to be released this november, the notifications would even appear on the glance screen.

- File manager? Could you elaborate on this? What are you missing anyway?
  4. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    hi avinash,

sorry sir, i didn't own one,just internet review.

In android phone there is a file manager where we can browse through all files,apps etc.
  5. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    1) Absolutely not. Nokia HERE Drive is a very good app which does have voice navigation and comes for free in both 520 and 720 AFAIK.
    You also get Here Commute which analyses your daily commute route and assists you based on the data collected. Voice is pretty much there.

2) Cannot attach files to what? I do send lots of e-mails with attachments. And you get MS-Office for free which lets you open all office doc extensions

3) Ya, may be not as vast as Android

4) In windows, home screen is everything. You can pin apps, maximize, minimize and remove apps from there. With live tiles you get updates all the time.

5) File manager is not available.
    1 person likes this.
  6. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    naveen!

thanks for the clarification,
    1 person likes this.
  7. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore

+ 1 Nokia here maps work in Offline Mode as well.No need to worry about your Data charges ..
    1 person likes this.
  8. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    File Manager is not available by default but the app is available on the marketplace/store and it works well
  9. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am looking for Lumia 625 or 720. Any reviews of these models?

Now 625 will get in lesser price than 720.

Advantage of 625
    - Bigger screen
    - 4G support
    - Full HD recording

Camera of 720 is much better than 625
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Bye bye Android.

Welcome Lumia 920. :D
    3 people like this.