1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windows phone thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ajuvignesh, Mar 17, 2013.

1. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi friends.
    Since I could not find a proper thread related to windows phones, I'm creating one :) . This thread can be used to discuss all about windows phones.

While browsing came across an app named 'Punto Grande' for windows phones.
    Punto Grande | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)
    I believe it to be a digital user manual and I don't have a windows phone to try it out. Guys with win 7.5, 8 can make use of it.

As we all know Microsoft has come up with an updated OS windows 8 on their phones recently to actively participate in smartphone war. There comes a dilemma for many a people whether to consider WP8 or to go for androids these days.
    It will be nice if some windows users can throw in their experience and views about windows phones.

cheers
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I tried installing it on my windows 8 machine, but , this app is only for windows phone. It isn't even available in windows store (modern version).
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @vignesh, Perfect timing of your post. Shall be getting hold of Lumia in a day or two :clap

Well, reasons for going with Lumia -

a) Fits my budget
    b) Wanted something different from the crowd (Just like Punto :cool:
    c) Aint a big fan of Android nor apps crazy
    d) Have been following L620s reviews since its global launch and did not find any particular reason to reject it
    e) Experienced W8 on my friend's phone and its really smooth and fluidic. Liked the feel of the OS

On a lighter note, always tend to get associated with good products from struggling brands in the market (Again just like Punto from FIAT :evilsmile
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
    4 people like this.
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Dude, get a blackberry then:evilsmile
    2 people like this.
  5. OS Feels really Very Premium but all the Apps available for WP (AFAIK) are very fun based and nothing very useful. Even the trip meter app that I have installed in my Wife's WP is not that great. When compared to my friend's similar android app which is so useful and very customizeable, the WP App is no match. I am in a deep confusion if I should go for a Android or WP. If at all I buy an Android Tab for the Maps, geography based apps and watching movies/video songs while on travel, I would get a Windows Phone for phoning. otherwise if I have to manage everything in one single device I have no choice but to go for some Android 5" phone because Maps in WP sucks. Anyways if you are not a techy guy who would play around with the phone OS, want to stand out from the crowd, not a App Savvy guy and you have alternate arrangements for geographical needs from a gadget then WP is for you. I am a fan of the Tiles concept in Windows Phone almost anything can be pinned to the home screens and the other nice thought implemented in WP is search option using which one can search any app or OS Feature installed in the phone which is think is missing in Android where you have to scroll and scroll and find.

All D Best
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Srida,

guess Galaxy tab 2 7" is retailing for less than 15k. Go for it if you need a tab for map needs and entertainment. Worth the money!
    1 person likes this.
  7. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    I have this app installed on my Lumia 800(windows 7.8).
    It shows the type of Bulbs used and its power
    Different Warning signs in MID and its descriptions
    Tyre pressure,Known issues etc...
    1 person likes this.
  8. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    I own a white LUMIA 920, since almost two months! Only issue faced so far, is that it gets warmed up while playing online games, and while loading much over 3g connection.

Looks wise, it's just 'stunning'! And battery life is just mind blowing!!!

Attaching a screen shot for the battery performance. Turned the battery saver on since 100% charge and under normal usage.

wp_ss_20130316_0001.jpg

And regarding the camera, it's indeed the best! Attaching a shot of my 15''Retina MacBook Pro's screen.

WP_20130318_017.jpg
    5 people like this.
  9. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Choosing NOKIA, excellent decision! If you could wait for one more month, do check Lumia 720!
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Avinash, got hold of L 620 yesterday :D Ordered through Ebay last week as the deal was too tempting - INR 13,300 as against the showroom price of @ INR 14,900.

Initial impressions -

a) Quite different from the crowd
    b) As Srida pointed out, tiled concept is quite fun to work with
    c) For the price, have to say performance is quite smooth and fluidic. No amount of lag anywhere. (Ooops! Again addicted to MJD's terminology - 'lag' :evilsmile
    d) Imported data from my old phone & paired with Punto's Blue & Me without any fuss
    e) Size of the phone is quite perfect to hold it in one hand & operate
    f) The build is quite solid for the price (just like Fiat again)
    g) Battery life isnt all that great as of now. Have read world wide reviews that it stabilizes after 4-5 charge - discharge cycle
    e) Clicked couple of snaps & found that camera is quite good. Front camera is an added advantage for Skype calls.

Rest of the reviews reserved till I explore the phone completely. Of course if one is Apps & game freak, better looks elsewhere. This is simply a no nonsense entry level smart phone which does its job elegantly
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013