1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wind noise in Cabin

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by bhai, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Yes. I also hear the Tyre noise. Its exactly like the Bollywood cars. We used to hear it in cinemas; when heroes chasing villain :D
    1 person likes this.
  2. scottzinne

scottzinne Timido

Gwalior
    9 pages of this thread. But not a single sure shot method. I think FIAT should reply in this forum. Why this sound & how to get it rectified. As its very common problem. Even I am leaving with this problem since 3 years. Tried putting tape here n there. but nothing working out perfectly.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think the best solution is to play music at a volume of 10 or more when driving on highways and forget any wind noise. I have sort of adapted to this.
    1 person likes this.
  4. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    i am also facing the same problem from the very first day of purchasing the car..for me its from the front left side door,still they couldnt fix the problem...
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It is due to a flaw in AC inlet vent.
    Nothing much can be done unless it is redesigned; the duct inlet under the dash board. minor modification may affect the crash safety of the car.

If one loses sleep due to wind noise, stuff the inlet with rags which is just under the hood by the front windshield (No more Aircon).
  6. I observed this gap on edge of dash board,this might be the source of wind noise in cabin in my car, foam packing has already come off , i am thinking on what to use for plugging this?
    IMG_20130702_174112.jpg

IMG_20130702_174122.jpg
  7. arunfbtr

arunfbtr Timido

kalpakkam
    dear karan, i too have the noisy from driver ovrm side...may i request you,how to minimise(or arrest)that sound...pls
  8. kingas

kingas

Haldia
    I also getting the same noise in my Fiat Linia Car at the speed of 70 and above . Initially I thought it is normal but after going through all the posted information now I think I will have to check it out seriously.

Fiat car is not at all good car. Unpredictable problems comes every six months interval.I got tired after purchasing my Linia car in the year 2010.Every safety gadgets like ABS electronic system, shockers, Horn switch pad, AC system fails within three years. Such a bad quality materials used for manufacturing of all critical spare parts in the car that is just unimaginable.

Being a mechanical engineering background,I will suggest not to purchase Fiat car as it is not a proven car in India.What I observed during my visits in the authorized Fiat service center in Kolkata that every customer are unsatisfied and very much unhappy like me. I have to go once in three months to Fiat service station for correcting problems facing by me.May be my car is defective and quality inspection checked not done before selling to me.Otherwise why I face so much typical problem in my car.

1 person likes this.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Proven method of reducing wind noise, road noise and also reducing the cabin NVH.

Get the door damping done for the front two doors. I did door damping with DAMPMAT around 1 month back. The cabin is more silent because of door damping. Wind noise is reduced, road noise is also reduced. The difference is surely appreciable. Sound of the component speakers have improved.
    1 person likes this.