1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wind noise in Cabin

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by bhai, Jun 16, 2011.

1. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    I am also having this issue in my punto but not the extent like yours. used to hear the wind noise but I usually keep the audio volume little high. if I want to speak, the wind noise is not affecting it.

heard Tensing is moved from Tafe to RDC and RDC service center is started functioning but please check with their sales showroom 04424344243 whether their service center is started.

others might give u some help.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

Please read this thread. This issue is discussed thread bare there.

Rajan

@MODS: Please merge with the exisitent thread, if needed
  3. JCS

JCS

Chennai
    Thanks 4 d link Rajan:)
    I will get i/p's 4m there...

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Dhans 4 sharing:)
    I will check with RDC...I thought they r starting Sales alone this Feb'13. Service may take a while....anyway will definitely check in-person:)
  4. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I too have the same issue after the first service in which I asked the ASC to paint the left rear door because of dents and scratches. After that I started to feel the air noise coming from the left side (probably they removed the door and painted and refitted it). So I put it in KHT and the service engineer told that he checked all the corners and there is no gap so the noise may reduce but it didn't. Now because of this the right rear window rattles and makes more noise. Need to check with Prerana guys once again. Probably, the door alignment after they painted is not correct.
  5. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    1 person likes this.
  6. JCS

JCS

Chennai
  7. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I put the car in Prerana again and the wind noise from the left rear door is stopped. They corrected the door alignment. But I could hear the wind cutting noise from the front door (near the ORVM). Checked with the SC people and informed that it is because of the aerodynamics. They even told that they removed the entire ORVM and covered the area with tapes/paper but still they could listen the noise. As well got information from Mr.Chennabasappa that the issue is forwarded to FIAT (along with the brake pad issue - in short braking you can hear the sound of rubbing two metal pieces; the problem is because of the disk brake design). Hope FIAT will come with some sort of solution for this issue.
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i have posted this earlier and i do it again. wind noise because of ORVS is not true and an excuse. wind noise is because of the improper packing of door at various stages. be it the rubber beading running along the door or the beading that seals the window. there are gaps huge enough which can allow air inside. i have used a gasket maker at certain gaps and i could immediately feel the difference. its just that the car is not put well together. ORVM is just an excuse.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ If this is the case with Punto & Linea; then what about Etios / Liva which does not even come with weather strips? Anybody has personal experience?

My take is that it should be a combination of OVRMs design and some gaps in beadings. If the entire car wasnt put well; then how come wind noise in the passenger side is less ?? :confused:
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    ^^ i dont know about liva or etios but our fiat otherwise has a very thick metal which if supported by proper packing should result in a noise free cabin. my 15 year old uno has better insulation to sound in the cabin. most of the cars have beadings on the frame as well as on the door but our cars only have it on the frame which is one reason. plus some of the gaps in the window beading are big enough for wind and other noises to enter the cabin. i have done 190 in a rapid and the cabin noise was really low. till 150 it felt calm inside unlike my linea. even city is noise free till 150. linea unsettles its occupants before 150 only by the wind noise.