1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wind noise in Cabin

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by bhai, Jun 16, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Wind noise is reported by many of the members and it is clear that the wind noise is part of the design of the car. It is far far beyond the reach of a TASS technician to handle.
    It may increase or decrease in some vehicle because of micro difference in gaps at A pillar or similar sensitive places. Some time during repair it can get reduced or increased. It is a random since the person who do that work doesn't have any technical skills about the vehicle hydrodynamics. It is Fiat's engineers who need to address this issue which involves heavy computational fluid dynamic calculations
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The ridiculous amount of road noise by the Aceleres masks the wind noise in my case!
    1 person likes this.
  3. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    One can try this. Fold the ORVMS and cruise at 100kmph+ across the highway and check the changes in wind noise. But its not safe to do so:( I suspect the pointed edges of the orvms which causes this.
    @ gurjinder i think Goodyear GT3 makes more noise than appollo acceleres. :p
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    OLD Hondacity had the same type of ORVMs. I haven't heard people complaining about the noise there. The problem may be due to the windshield slope that they chose for style. One thing that my logic says is that they have purposefully left it because it is coming because of the design or aerodynamic advantage which they don't want to alter. I don't think this will simply pass unnoticed from car manufacturer like FIAT.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    each and every components on the exterior is designed keeping aerodynamics in the mind to reduce the drag. How about those beautiful aerodynamic wipers and stalk holding the orvm? does they contribute to this famous noise?
    I don't think the windscreen is the culprit. As the noise is common for both linea and punto, we can exclude radio antenna, front grill area, headlights of the car. According to me the parts to be suspicious are wiper blades, the orvms, the stalk holding orvms,
    side indicators (a mild possibility though),fog lamp enclosure.
  6. bluepunter

bluepunter Amatore

Bangalore
    I also have the same issue. Whenever I hit 80+, I hear all this unwanted noise. Sometimes I even hear the harsh noise of our Bangalore autos :(
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello Guys!!!

I am happy to inform you guys that the wind noise from my car has reduced considerably by just adjusting only the door settings (Dont ask me how). The SC had tried every thing in their book like changing the door, beadings OVRM etc. but could not reduced the wind noise finally, just adjusting the door settings the noise has reduced by 70% which is now at tolerable levels :).

Kiran
  8. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Exactly which door settings were adjusted ? :) I'm guessing only the alignment..
  9. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Helpless. No remedy for this one whatsoever :devil
    @kirenh Its surprising to know that the door is the culprit. I cant understand what is that door setting.I don't think the door will close once the door alignment is changed. Can you ask the SC how did they manage to do that. It will help many of the forum members here.
  10. JCS

JCS

Chennai
    Wind audible within cabin

Hello readers and members!

My 1st post:D

Its regarding the manufacturing issue I'm struggling to rectify for the past 4-months (almost).
    Its in my Line 1.3MJD Emotion. I bought it last Oct.
    The issue is....I can hear the wind inside the cabin even while driving at speeds more than 80Kmph.
    When I touch 140Kmph...the wind's sound is so deafening that no one can even talk to the other person inside the car.
    (I'm facing this problem with AC ON and all windows rolled-up completely).

I complained this issue along with certain other manufacturing defects I had. The SA said he had worked-on the door beadings and noise will not be heard again.
    But, it still persists.
    Anyone has faced similar issue?? what is the solution to this??

The funny part is...the SA claims that these sort of manufacturing issues are VERY COMMON in FIAT cars!!!
    His casual comment really made me think and wonder if I made the wrong move in opting for FIAT (I'm previous SWIFT owner).

Kindly let me know if any permanent solution can be got for this issue.
    As I'm a frequent highway user...I find this sound really irritating!
    btw..I'm from Chennai and I service my vehicle with Concorde.
    The guys are helpful...but they simply cant figure out how to resolve:-:)confused:
    Help me guys...!