1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wind noise in Cabin

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by bhai, Jun 16, 2011.

1. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The door was replaced and I took a test drive yesterday. The wind noise has reduced but only about 60-70% :mad:. The SC is going to talk to Fiat guys and then will decide on further action.

Kiran

2012-07-31-715.jpg
  2. anoopgopinath

anoopgopinath

I bought punto 4 months back.Even i get this Wind Noise issue on the driver side.During my service i complained this and they said it is because of the design,even the other punto cars too have this problem.They said the ORVM is fixed on the door that makes this noise....:-(....anyway i am not satisfied with that reason...and on highway in aloing journey when music system is off ,this wind noise is so annoying....anybody have any permenant solution for this please help me.....

Thanks In Advance :)
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Of late i have also started noticing a certain amount of wind noise at 80+kmph.

I just ignore it. :lol:

God willing, i won't be taking the Linea to the TASS for anything other than scheduled services. I don't trust them that much. :rolleyes:
    2 people like this.
  4. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    As the problem was still there with the new door, the SC has re-fitted the original door with some adjustments. Need to check the outcome @ higher speed.

Gurjinder - I fully agree with you, its better to ignore some issue's if you can. :)

Kiran
  5. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Good News!!!

Today I suddenly had to go to Pune for some urgent work so got a chance to check the wind noise on the express way :). Result: Wind noise has reduced by atleast 60-70%. Even at speed 140+ the noise was bearable and very less as compared to the previous noise :).

The SC guys had removed and refitted my door and had told me they will be doing some adjustments..... God only knows what they did, but yes the noise has reduced.

Kiran
  6. scottzinne

scottzinne Timido

Gwalior
    Here come another common issue. Since a year i was fighting with TASS regarding this wind noise, whistle sound inside cabin. Its irritating like hell, specially over long journey full time i need to keep m,y music system on. anyways still trying to figure out how to eliminate it. tried fixing tape all over joints of quarter glass. but didn;t solved the issue. Even i wrote this to FIAT but din;t recieved any positive response from them.
    Will try to open OVRM, someday & put some insulationg inside.

What io notice in my case air is hitting on right side below the quater glass dash board fitting, there is small square piece ( from inside) at the area of quarter glass. I am trying to figure out how to open it. IF its opened. then i can try with reverse way. As i am sure that wind is hitting below it somewhere.

Any idea guys how to open it.
    1 person likes this.
  7. make sure you have the door sealant in the newer door too, otherwise it will fetch you less price at the time of selling your car as used car dealer will catch it and say you have met with an accident.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

1+ to that, TASS can't solve this at all, i question their logic of changing the door it self.
  8. Guys, Even my Aug-2012 Punto has this problem. Mine starts from speeds above 70+ KMPH. Yesterday I took on Expressway to check the issue.

The sound it makes increases with the speed. My discovery is that, the rubber joints on the driver door, the joints exactly right above driver head,

causes this problem. When you look your punto or linea from straight or Front view, you can notice the protruding door rubbers outside the

aerodynamic body. SO obviously when the speed increases, the air cuts through the rubber opening. I have seen Abarth in Discovery Turbo having

a problem where the water leaks inside while rain drives. Hahaha ! It is entirely faulty aerodynamic body I guess. I will find some way to reduce

the noise. The simplest way, hear Heavy metal music while driving and forget the noises.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Did anyone try wind deflectors which are commonly used in various cars ??? This wind deflector will be fit between the door and the rubber. So
    there is a large probability that it will help in reducing wind noise which seeps in through these rubbers.
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi All,
    Even i had complained about this wind noice filtering into the cabin, during my service and i got the same asnwer that anoop was given. I think this is working as per design ;-) . However i dont find it too high/annoying and hence plan to ignore.
    I would rather leave it like that than fix which is not borken, as sometimes trying to fix a working setup might cause a new issue :lol .

I would rather listen to some music... hahahaaa
  10. anoopgopinath

anoopgopinath

I sealed all gaps on the door and tried but still i could notice the wind noise above 80 KMS.
    Can you please upload the photos so that i can try this option too..?
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012