1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wind noise in Cabin

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by bhai, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Hahaha :-D Welcome aboard Italia!!
    We all are with you aswell! :p
    I did noticed one thing that this wind noise is coimg from space inbetween door-trim & window glass. I can feel lil amount of air too.
    Now question is how to eliminate that?? Any idea??
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Your Linea might have opened the mouth by seeing the fresh strawberries on road sides and might have forgotten to close the mouth causing wind noise :p
    Now days I am not at all disturbed by the bansuri played by my Punto.
  3. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The SC is going to allow me to drive couple of their vehicles and if ok they will replace my door with their TD vehicles door. Now,if we find the problem is getting sorted out with the replacement then the door of my car will be replaced with a new one. JFI, beading and ORVM replacement has not helped reducing the wind noise.
  4. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

TN07
    I started getting the same noise too, when they replaced the weather strip on the passenger side front door. The weather strip in the first place was damaged only by the delaer at the time of delivery. Now i've been living with this noise for a while now.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

[QUOTE the door of my car will be replaced with a new one. [/QUOTE]
    Please try and get the problem fixed without getting the door replaced. Replacing the doors is a big change to the factory settings and TASS guys may end up causing some other problem :boxerto the car. If I were you i'll not agree to it.
  5. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Further to my post no.38/43. I have driven 2 test drive cars and found that the Wind noise is very less as compared to mine. Now they have decided to replace the door & check. I new door unpainted will be called for, fixed to my car checked and if the problem gets solved then it will be painted.

Kiran
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  6. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    +1
    No Wind noise... I hear only Bridgestone screaming when I push it hard :car....
  7. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    I met Jishnu yesterday... He is in ahmedabad and so we met with our respective Rides :car...

He came up with his Dad and I took my younger brother along... It was great experience for me as I have never attended any Group meets till now but at last I met a like minded fiat enthusiast here in ahmedabad... I have requested him to send me the pictures his dad clicked yesterday, I shall post those in separate Thread once i receive from his end along with the experience we had with each other's rides...

While I drove his car, thats the time I came to know What you guys were addressing here as Wind Noise in Cabin... Wind noise is so much evident in Linea from 80-90Kmph onwards... We took it all the way till 170 kmph but that wind noise was terrible then... We tried red lines in all gears on Airstrip-Runway like S.G.Road...

So did he... Just after I drove his car, He drove my FGP... and there was no Wind noise whatsoever(touchwood) all the way till 170 kmph he tried (could not push it any further due to traffic conditions as we were not on highway - S.G.Road is in city now)...

If this issue of wind noise is so common in most of the Linea then FIAT should take some corrective actions regarding the same....

Neel.
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Yes it was an awesome meet! I really enjoyed meeting you "naughty" :) Actually i was really surprised to see the difference in noise levels in your car, but the vibrations were little more, i guess that's normal as its the 75Hp. I just loved your "Black roof", The ORVM's and the seats! Man they are real drool materials! I really have to address the wind noise and the steering vibration issues! Suggestions are welcome as always :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The door has been replaced & tomorrow i am taking a long test drive. Hope the wind noise issue is solved.
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Lets hope for the best Kiren, If so, i'll speak about my car also!