1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wind noise in Cabin

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by bhai, Jun 16, 2011.

1. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Guys i have solution , a temporary one , I noted whenever i drive on 90+ and takes a slight curve on road the noise disappears so i thought and started looking for solution , if we put a decal sticker may be 2 layers just on upper side of ORVM assembly , it will stop the noise , if u dont get result try up and down with decal or sticker . I changes the aerodynamics somewhat and when it cuts the air, noise is not produced . Its not a joke , did R&D with my cousin and results are positive. Will post the pic , m just looking for good decal to match colour or it should look good when pasted.
    Thanks
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    guys, i was driving on Mumbai-Pune e-way last week at midnight. I noticed at 130kmph & above that wind noise is too much!
    Almost feeling like air blower on its full speed! Has anyone came-across a typical spot through which air might be leaking through??
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

130kmph!!!!!!!!! lucky...

I'm facing at 80kmph and above.....
  4. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Last week I drove @ 170 on ORR in Hyderabad. There was wind noise, but didn't bother much with the media player on. Should be normal at high speeds.

Also my understanding is that the amount of moisture / suspended particles in air would be a factor as well.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    How come the problem arise at different speeds for different cars? like 80kmph, 130 kmph? etc. If it is a design problem it should appear at same speeds?
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Sungoa, i strongly feel that this thing is due to door gaps at front & if ORVMs are hit. Cause my Linea's ORVMs were hit couple of times so it might have increased some gaps in whole unit. But this is sure, at 80 i just feel lil humming kinda noise but no wind noise atall.
    While from 120/130 onwards its like blower on its full blow capacity!
  7. sandengg

sandengg

LUDHIANA
    I am also getting wind noise in cabin above 80 KM/hr in my Punto Active MJD purchased on 1 Mar 2012

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Dear Mr Singh,
    Pls post pictures if wind noise problem has been resolved
  8. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have the same problem of wind noise above 80kmph. The SC has tried by replacing all the beading,ORVM,etc. Now they want to try by replacing the door itself:eek:. Do you guys really feel they can solve the problem? Has this problem got resolved any where?
    Kiran
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I can hear this noise as well when driving fast with Music off..
    If its an air leak the outside air should enter the cabin from small crevasses right.? That does not happen ,meaning that the noise is present by design..
    This is my idea..
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Shit, till date i never had wind noise even at full speeds of 180kmph. On my recent trip to mahabaleshwar i have started hearing hell lot of wind noise even at speeds of 80-100.

Its sounding as if there is a huge leak somewhere or as if there is a huge blower pumping wind in my cabin. Need to check the door beadings and alignment :(