1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wind noise in Cabin

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by bhai, Jun 16, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can be due to some one-off thing in a car/ batch of cars.

I'm just back from a Chandigarh-Gurgaon-Chandigarh 600km drive and no wind noise whatsoever. Only the poor Aceleres were making all sorts of noises. :thumbs down
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I still get wind noise even after plugging that gap, I have even tried taping the door edges completely with tape aswell but didn't help.
  3. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    I have the same whizzing noise when you drive around 80-90 KMPH. The first time I took my car to the FIAT car check up camp, I told this to the expert who had come from FIAT. He diagnosed that the sound was from the point of OVRM fitted to the door. I think the suggestion was to remove the OVRM setup and put some packing and refit the OVRM. After he left the SA couldn't recollect what exactly was to be done and the matter was dropped off since I have moved my services to another TASC.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ranjan R

Ranjan R

Bangalore
    Normal according to dealer

Hi,

I too have the same issues and I must say its pretty annoying. But the dealer tells me its normal. :mad: Rather roll down the window and drive!
  5. sandengg

sandengg

LUDHIANA
    I too face the same problem on Wind Noise from both Front Left and Front Right side in my new Punto Active bought few days ago
  6. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Well when i drive at speeds of 70+ their is no fog formation on inside of front windscreen while at slower speeds their is , meaning some air passes at high speeds which does not allow fog to form and that results in wind noise . Dont know whether its deliberate by Fiat or some defect..
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    My Dad managed to knock down ORVM while reversing and now there is no wind noise whatsoever after filling that area temporarily with cloth.
    As mentioned by kvk that area is the source of wind noise
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Old honda city(idsi) has ORVM like that of Fiat. Was there any this kind of noise reported?
    What about folding both the mirrors and try out?

The door gaps in Fiat is more than other vehicles. Is it another source of wind noise? But I suspect that the gaps are not defects, but kept purposefully to make the cabin to meet optimum frequency mode coupling between the body and the air inside. I remember reading some article where they have studied the frequency mode coupling and the resultant booming noise at low and high speeds. May be the wind noise may be a compromise to meet that condition.( I didn't bookmark those sites and cannot provide the link here)
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    there are lot of gaps all around the beading. the strip that sits outside the widow also has a gap from which i can see the floor when the door is opened. even the complete door beading is shorter than what is actually required. i tried to fit it corner to corner but i somehow came off one corner if other side is fixed perfectly. stupid fiat. :mad:
  10. macky

macky Amatore

Guys, the wind noise above 100KMPH is common in puntos. but i think its common in other vehicles also so no need to get paranoid. probably sound deadening and damping materials might help. i am not sure!