1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wind noise in Cabin

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by bhai, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Same here as well.. During my goa trip, it was audible when I was on Express ways or quiter section of roads and music system was off. This i think comes out of the tweeter section of the door opening...but i may be wrong
  2. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I too can hear the noise only from driver side, nothing from the passenger side! The door lining rubber looks okay to me.
  3. soori

soori

Dubai
    Even I've this issue. Did anyone find a permanent solution for this?
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    same here! From 80kmph i can clearly hear that. Soon gonna do a research on it & then let yall know. ;-P
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

the ass told its due to the tire... any1 who changed their tires may not be having this problem..
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yea, during first check up, I have raised this consern to SA.
    He told me this is due to the tyre & the wheel caps as the wheel caps are fixed from bolts not from the edges.
    I was not satisfied with the answer.
    Today after reading this thread, I am sure that there must be something different reason.
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    Eureka eureka

after almost two years, and lots of sellotapes i have finally found out a solution to the wind noise. fiat has made such a silly mistake which is causing the noise. i tried sealing the whole door and every gap with tapes to get rid of this irritating noise which is common in tata cars, but with no success. until recently this is what i found. the second pic show the gap from where the air seeps in and causes the wind noise.
    the first picture shows that the rubber here sits perfectly and thus no wind noise here(passenger side in my car)
    the third pic shows how to get rid of that noise. i plugged that gap with a sock and the noise was gone. of course it is a temporary solution until we come up with a permanent solution.
    i am sure this should be the reason for wind noise in all my fellow linea owners. i hope it helps everyone in this forum. just wondering how come fiat never came up with a solution. do i make cars or them!!
    do let me know if it worked on your cars as well. i am sure it will.

IMG162.jpg

IMG163.jpg

IMG159.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    2 people like this.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i dont know whether i am extremely lucky but i never never got the wind noise in my linea. i have even tries it at 170kmph, but not even a single time did i hear any wind noise in my car :)

Karan- Can you just try refitting the rubber beading perfectly? why is there a diagonal cut?
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I haven't experienced wind noise in my Linea until my car went for a Power Window repair at VST Motors, Chennai. Now, I am experiencing the wind noise post 120 KMPH.
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    you are lucky indeed. that beading is fixed with the door panel so there is nothing i can do about it. and why there is a diagonal cut is the question i want to ask fiat.