1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wind noise in Cabin

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by bhai, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Guite

Guite

Noida
    You guys are living with this noise. I cant, so I am postponing my purchase of the TJet due to this reason. The kind of cocooned feeling the car gives, excellent engine and unique looks of the car appeal to me. If I can't find a solution to this problem I will just look elsewhere. The dealer has escalated to Fiat but still no response.

Keeping a close watch on this thread.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Buy a bulk pack of DampMat and get all four doors damped. It costs just Rs9000 and Rs1000 for installation. The benefits of damping go beyond wind noise. You will have a very silent cabin like those of luxury cars. Road noise will be eliminated as well.

You can also upgrade the speakers alongside door damping.
  3. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Really? does door damping eliminate the wind cutting noise? I never felt the wind cutting is from the doors but somewhere near the A-pillar (like what Satchit has pointed out).

- - - Merged Post - - -

Well.. the wind cutting noise is nothing when you turn on the music player. Also, you'll barely notice it as time passes and IMHO, it shouldn't be a deal breaker.
  4. I have that gap closed when i did the speaker upgrade.
  5. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Did that solve the problem?
  6. Yes wind noise is reduced by 90%
  7. Guite

Guite

Noida
    I do not think damping is going to solve this particular problem. I have done damping with Dynamat Extreme in my current car so I know a bit on what it can and cannot achieve. The source of noise in the Linea is the A pillar or wing mirror. So you either eliminate the noise at source or block the path of sound. Door damping does not eliminate the noise and it is not in the path between source and ear.

Which gap is this?
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are welcome to contact me and try my car whenever you are in Chandigarh. :ugeek: My belief is that door damping WILL surely help. Moreover, do you drive the car without music by the way?

In case you like to listen to music then wind noise is not an issue anyways. You wont hear wind if volume is above 7-8. I keep volume on 10-12 and never really experimented to the minimum volume levels to mask wind noise.
  9. Desigan

Desigan

Chennai
    Hi, I am too facing the wind noise when I cross 80+ speed on highway. I observed this issue since the day I purchased my car. Right now I am planning to use damping material for doors / floor / Ceiling to arrest external road noise. Has anyone did / heard about damping car Firewall section? Any suggestion on firewall damping?