1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wind noise in Cabin

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by bhai, Jun 16, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    When I cruises on highway, near right hand front door I get wind noise entering in Driver cabin.
    This particular Wind noise is more clearly audible when I put off Music system.
    Is this normal ? :confused:
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No, it isn't normal. It is abnormal. Get the source localized, most probably the culprit here is air leak from the driver side ORVM or the door beading near window might not be sealing the cabin perfectly. You once said that you have a very good power of hearing sounds and differentiating them. That might come handy here. :up Try to check the area from where you hear it (lower part near ORVM or the upper part).

I have been getting this wind noise ever since a motorcyclist fell on my driver side door after falling on the ORVM. Though the ORVM was safe though I suspect that its approximation with the driver door got disrupted.

P.S.- I have also heard theories that the design of the ORVM is responsible for this wind noise and nothing can be done about it but I don't believe in it.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Even i get wind noise at speed of say "80". I thought its normal, but now have to check it out.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks. I will check & show to ASS. & update the same.

@Paddle :- Thanx for remembering me my intellectual capacity.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    every fiat gets wind noise in the cabin. though it is not normal, there isnt any solution for it yet.
    1 person likes this.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Little amount of wind noise is present in other cars also.

We can hear it with concentration. Especially if Music System is off.

Little amount of wind noise is also present near driver seat in my ...............::D

So friends don't worry. It is normal.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  7. maverick

maverick Amatore

Get it check by TASS, I do not hear any wind noise in mine. I only get to hear the noise from the tyres.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Wind noise does not come constantly. It comes at irregualr intervals.
    I think it may be due to sudden change in direction of outside wind.
  9. Paddleshifter
    the other day(long back) when i was doing 170 in my punto i did not feel any difference in sound(wind noise) with the ovrm closed or open. the sound was the same.

@bhai
    get your stalk of the orvm checked and fixed back. also the rubber beading (L shape) near the front quarter glass checked. It might not have been sealing the air properly.
    i cannot the post the pics sorry. dont have the car now
  10. pranay sharma

pranay sharma

PUNE
    i am getting the same noise from right front above spped of 90 kmph.