1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will you vote in this Election (2014)?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Mar 18, 2014.

?

Will you vote?

Poll closed May 12, 2014.
  1. My name is in rolls. I will vote.

43 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. My name is in rolls. I won't vote.

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  3. My name is not in rolls but, willing to vote.

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. I have filled application to include my name. I will vote.

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. I don't care if my name is included or not in rolls.

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Speaking of the mark, my index finger mark has already worn out quite a bit. :shocked
    The ink used seems to be all watery from Camel brand like the one used in school days. :-D
    With a little bit of solvent it would probably come of. Any chance to recast vote..:evilsmile
  2. jpshya

jpshya Timido

Bangalore
    Infact in Karnataka, mark was in the thumb for all. It was even published in FMs & other medias the prior day of voting to show your thumb for marking. No idea, why it was.

EDIT: Here is the reason http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ed-on-the-left-thumb/articleshow/34090635.cms
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Oh man that's a real shame and shocker. :eek: Did'nt realise till you mentioned about it. They don't make ramps compulsory in our country already. Too bad :(
  4. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    No ramjn. Left index finger is the preferred one, but if there was a recent election and people already have inked left index finger, another finger is decided. Most common during re-pollings, but also happens as in Karnataka this time due to recent election to local bodies.

and proof below ;-)

vote1.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    3 people like this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The constituency which is most developed and with high literacy rate, Chennai South registered the lowest polling in TN at 58%.
    The most backward and undeveloped constituency, Dharmapuri registers the highest in the state at 81%.
    1 person likes this.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Strange voting patterns. Bangalore too had a similar story with just 56% (approx) voting

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. Also, the constituencies around the Chennai area are the ones which dampened the overall voting percentage. These are the constituencies which registered less then 70%. Otherwise, all other constituencies throughout TN stood at more than 70% and 75%. :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Main reason for low turn out in cities could be due to migration issues. Like in B'lore, more than half of the population aren't localities and their vote would be wasted at their native as well. People who have been staying for years also haven't bothered to get their name listed here. And few of them who did; names went missing. So, its combination of more than one factor leading to low turn out. Its sad to see few people at my office proudly announce that they haven't voted for past 10 years :shocked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  9. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    My wife and me walked to the booth at 13:30, went straight to the polling room, and voted. Whole process took about five minutes and was very convenient, including the walk from and to home about fifteen minutes.

Didn't want to wait in the queue in the morning so decided to go at lunch time, good decision. If it were not for my wife I would have gone in the evening.

Ink on the left index finger looks quite strong to me and should take a week to go I think. Last time too it stayed for a long time.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    But, these percentage is based on vote casted from the names listed not on the actual population.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.