1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will you vote in this Election (2014)?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Mar 18, 2014.

?

Will you vote?

Poll closed May 12, 2014.
  1. My name is in rolls. I will vote.

43 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. My name is in rolls. I won't vote.

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  3. My name is not in rolls but, willing to vote.

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. I have filled application to include my name. I will vote.

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. I don't care if my name is included or not in rolls.

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I will Vote for sure. This time percentage of matured voters have gone up. Hoping for Good Governance in next decade.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Strange and worrisome !!!

Please explain why ?
  3. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

4. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    I have filled the application forms for me and wifey. Not sure the officials are really interested to get me in to the voters list in Bangalore.
    If so sure i will be there to vote for a change
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Good to know your intentions and postive frame of mind. Should you second guess NOTA option is your friend..::T
  6. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not sure whether to post the below info in this polling thread, Mods please feel free to move/delete if you feel inappropriate.

I got the below useful email which I thought to share with our group, I tried, it worked for me.

"Tamilnadu election commission has made a facility for checking your polling booth by just sending an SMS.

The mobile number for which you need to send SMS is 9444123456.
    Type EPIC, then give a space and enter your voter id number and forward the SMS to 9444123456. <EPIC> <SPACE> <VOTER ID>

Continue to this you will receive an automated SMS from election commission server which shows your name, serial number in the enrollment sheet, polling station name and the address.

If your name is not available in the enrollment sheet though you have voter id, please register complaint in the toll free number 1950.

Please utilize this service."
    1 person likes this.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Voting is like choosing who is best among the 3-4 worsts to screw us for next 5 yrs... It literally doesn't matter whom we chose.
    As Einstein said... we can't resolve a problem with the same level of consciousness that caused it. We have to raise our level of thinking.
    I never voted in my life & I won't ever do. I can't take part consciously just because majority does it, a rubbish act is still rubbish doesn't matter if billions do it. There has to be an alternate way, May be next generation will figure it out, if present one is not evolved enough.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    2 people like this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    We are just 3 days away from Poll Day - 1. Guys, opinion please if you have not registered yet. :)
  9. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No Offence to anyone or any party loving fans over here, I know I have to vote as I am what you call "A law abiding Indian",.......

Now we see in B'Lore the Roads are getting done, main surprise was many of the Un scientific Road humps removed in this process, but what with Faith we will get to see for the NeXt years that we see things going the way it is supposed to go and it right.
    PS: Bangalore's BBMP makes it on the News, Rs 560 crores spent for Quick Repair Job and some of the work is Sub-Standard.

Mods Note:- Sorry Anup. Have to delete references to Political parties. Please read the opening post of this thread. Thanks.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    ENKI, I completely agree with your sentiment. But, there is also this fact that not registering a NOTA when you have the option for it will still be like participating in a way. "Inaction is also an action." We always choose what to or what not to, directly or indirectly. Having nobody's government is worst than having a bad government. Systemic changes will happen if consititutional amendmends are made. It's as difficult as rewriting a DNA. Anarchy or Revolutions will not solve this country's problems either. Things go from bad to worst before they become good again. There is no permanent good or bad. Your inaction may or maynot make any difference to your personal life, but it can and it does affect the person next to you. Do it for others your care about, for that matter. It will help the future generations, I fully believe in that. It's very Karmic in nature, whether you believe it or not. Any positive deed will echo back in time for yourself and your future generations.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.