1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will you vote in this Election (2014)?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Mar 18, 2014.

?

Will you vote?

Poll closed May 12, 2014.
  1. My name is in rolls. I will vote.

43 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. My name is in rolls. I won't vote.

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  3. My name is not in rolls but, willing to vote.

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. I have filled application to include my name. I will vote.

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. I don't care if my name is included or not in rolls.

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes.

Like most things related to a good democracy - once maturity and awareness come, things like NOTA will show their effectiveness. But, alas, we are still not a fully mature democracy. Hoping for a brighter future!
    1 person likes this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I think in view of above points and opinions, it would be prudent to cast a vote even if it means NOTA. It will do certainly do more good to begin with.

Think of it as the "right to reject" as an affirmative action while voting.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I will vote with the same enthusiasm of returning from office on a Friday ;)
    2 people like this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I will vote this time although havent got the Voter Id card but my name appears on the voter rolls. Its been 4 yrs since I had first applied for the Voter Id and 4yrs later I find my name in the rolls.
  5. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    In the present setup NOTA is simply useless. My opinion is if NOTA is the winner, there should be re-election and those who already contested should not be able to contest in the re-election.

In this case we (aam aadmi) can send a strong message to the party leaderships that "Boss your candidate selection is not fair".

Thanks
    Arun
    3 people like this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    NOTA is not (totally) useless, it is a stepping stone for further improvements. Lets be positive and do our bit. Further PILs in SC will do what public feels necessary.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Honestly after looking at Tata Tea add, you do get a Josh to go and vote, but flip side if you see daily nonsense scams just don't know what to say :confused SCAMS,POLITICAL RALLY CAUSING CITY TO STOP, VERY EXPENSIVE ELECTION CAMPAINS FROM ALL TAX PAYERS MONEY.

I follow Arnab Goswami's daily debates on Times Now, I just don't know what to say,everyday 1 new issue, 1 new scam, 1 new fault on a Leader and 1 new failur on the system.
    "Vote to get dissipointed again or Not to Vote so that there is a chance of a Bogus Vote Count......"

:anyone

I am sorry guys but I am now where starting a Political Debate just wanted to seek what is the best Option, Head/Tail ?
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  8. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    As a law abiding Indian its your responsibility and duty to cast your vote.

Dont believe fully what you see in TV news and also what you read in newspaper. TV news guys brings some or the other issue to debate and to increase there rating. What I have observed is they do give undue importance to many trivial issues. Lets use our common sense :) ...
    2 people like this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FYI - There is one website - ECI Citizen Services - here you can register and lodge complain about anything related to voter list issues.
    1 person likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I voted for My name is in rolls. I will vote - never missed the chance to vote. No, I don't intend to press NOTA button. :)
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.