1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will you vote in this Election (2014)?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Mar 18, 2014.

?

Will you vote?

Poll closed May 12, 2014.
  1. My name is in rolls. I will vote.

43 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. My name is in rolls. I won't vote.

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  3. My name is not in rolls but, willing to vote.

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. I have filled application to include my name. I will vote.

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. I don't care if my name is included or not in rolls.

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Good to see this thread here.

I shall vote for sure. And I hope everyone here does as well. For those who do not want to vote for any candidate, use NOTA. But do spare some time to atleast go to the polling booth and cast your vote even if its a NOTA vote.

We have no authority to call the system bad if we do not participate in the voting process.

Cheers.
    5 people like this.
  2. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For sure, I will be Voting.

Last time I traveled 400+ kms just to cast my (first) Vote in my home town. I hadn't Voted before, was thinking like why should I elect someone who is anyhow going to steal people money, but I was totally wrong, as gurjinder rightly said

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Depends.
    If the party whose ideology and methodolgy am in total approvement and confidence anounces a candidate for my constituency,I will vote.
    If they do not anounce a candidate I will not vote.
    Voting booth is just 10 metres away from my house.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Bala, have you considered the NOTA option?
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    NOTA for me seems only symbolic. Just to make sure that no one else misuses his/her vote. Other than that NOTA has no significance at all. I believe it is as good as casting an invalid vote.

"Even if there are 99 NOTA votes out of a total of 100, and candidate X gets just one vote, X is the winner, having obtained the only valid vote. The rest will be treated as invalid or 'no votes'," Quraishi said in an opinion piece in The Indian Express on Thursday. Quraishi was India's chief election commissioner from June 2010 to July 2012.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...ht-to-reject-voter-election-evm/1/312960.html
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Gurjunder,I am not considering the NOTA option.
    In all the past 5 assembly and lokshabha,municipality elections,the party which is more influential had blatantly and openly cast the required extra votes to win, after 3.30 pm, the booth is all theirs. So nota or no nota they will find a way.
    Why bear summer scorching heat to do something I don't trust?
    1 person likes this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It can prove useful later if election commission and statisticans would care to collect data like demographics of an area and representation by a candidate and votes from certain sections of the societies could prove the taste and likes and dislikes about candidates. It can certainly help build a model that would help political parties improve future ticket issuing etc.. :D
    1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. That's the reason why I told it is symbolic. And this statistics can be made to use only if the political parties have the will to do it.

For now, I am not for the 'NOTA' option.
    1 person likes this.
  9. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I will vote.

In the last 17 years since I turned 18, I think I have voted in all elections, except on two occasions... once because I could not get my name included in voters list after moving to Bangalore and once because I was out of country.

@Bala, I think thats all the more reason for you to go and vote (let it be NOTA if no other good choices)... That way nobody will rig at-least your vote.
  10. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    I am voting with the same interest that we show to start office on Monday :A
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.