1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will you go for ground clearence upgrade if Fiat offer it as a kit?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sungoa2010, Jan 29, 2012.

?

Will you opt for Ground clearence upgrade if it is available at TASS?

1. Yes

65 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. No

75 vote(s)
    53.6%
  1. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Is this kit available with TASS now?? I called Malik motors fiat advisor he is not aware of it.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    FIAT India mentioned in FB that authorised service centre will have to specifically order the kit after getting requisition from the customer. Then only, it will be supplied to them.
  3. we always expect the moon from Fiat dont we. Please understand that Fiat is not obliged to provide any upgrades to existing Linea owners. Has Honda, Toyota or any one who have upgraded their vehicles given any such discounts or freebies. Let us grow up...
    4 people like this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    True. Look at the recent AC upgrade. I don't think suzuki,Hyundai or honda will do that.
  5. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    All just saw a post from Fiat India on the prices of the upgrade

Linea Ground Clearance Kit – INR 10899.60
    Punto Petrol Ground Clearance Kit – INR 11900.30
    Punto Diesel Ground Clearance Kit – INR 10899.60
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Correct Ravi Ji. But, service centers should be aware of this. What will they do with our car without even knowing about the upgrade kits? I am still scared. I need to check with the service centers here in Chennai and see about their knowledge on this front.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Some members expressed concern that the upgrade is priced too much. My view is that Fiat is doing a good job by providing such an upgrade - it is beneficial for customers as they can get better GC and it is beneficial for dealers as they shall make some profit. With Fiat sales low, some dealers would be a demotivated lot for selling Fiat cars. This shall give them some reason for cheer and stay interested in selling Fiats. Expecting Fiat to provide these upgrades at manufacturing cost is a bit too much - after all it is business and companies are here to make money.
    2 people like this.
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I am thinking of getting this Upgrade kit for my Linea MJD.
    Any idea as to what parts it includes?
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  9. I don't need an upgrade since i never had any GC issues even with some potholes filled road parts in my daily route. 10k+ is another reason not to opt for an upgrade.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    May be suspension is different T-Jet would be coming with 17" alloys according to ASS in my town in April. Why would Fiat lie about the GC on lower variants, if they had to lie they would have in Punto GC. 195mm for 1.2 and 185 mm for 1.4 and 1.3 engines.
    Any difference in parts will be known when the new Fiat eper version is released in few weeks.