1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will you go for ground clearence upgrade if Fiat offer it as a kit?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sungoa2010, Jan 29, 2012.

Will you opt for Ground clearence upgrade if it is available at TASS?

1. Yes

65 vote(s)
  2. No

75 vote(s)
  1. sungoa2010

My Punto's bottom has scrapped once in Gokarna and other was on the way to kerala in Mahi-Talasseri route. Otherwise it always kept a safe distance from humps.
    Still if it is 10K I will think of it.
  2. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

I am sure to upgrade to the new car but if I have issues with the new car upgrade then I will for sure upgrade to the ground clearance kit whenever it's made available for my punto.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  3. Fiat India
    Hello everyone, we have the prices for the Ground Clearance Kit upgrade as below:

Linea Ground Clearance Kit – INR 10899.60
    Punto Petrol Ground Clearance Kit – INR 11900.30
    Punto Diesel Ground Clearance Kit – INR 10899.60

The above is the cost of the parts kit reqd to do the modification for ground clearance. Labour charges will be in addition to the parts cost. Any other misc cost, may also be applicable in addition to the above costs if reqd.

Note: Above mentioned cost may vary or change without any prior intimation. The ground clearance upgrade kit will have to be ordered specially by the service centers.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

i heard labor cost is Rs.1500.

technically, practically, ethically and whatever angles.

this price is very high for suspensions and labors.

fiat has disheartened us terribly by throwing the MRP prices of the shocks.

if you invest a bit more you would get way better aftermarket sports suspensions.
    1 person likes this.
  5. i would like to know, will the old GC kit will be buy back by them or its a waste for us.
    if its a buy back, what price we are getting.
    and the final cost + labor cost.

does anyone have any clue?
  6. Italia-Linea

lol you are expecting too much by asking a price for your old parts from fiat
  7. teky

teky Esperto

IL - Although I tend to agree, The car was never had a fault with the GC when it was offered first. They listened to the Market feedback and improved it in the new version and offering it to existing owners at a cost which in itself is a good act according to me. Fiat is to here to do business and they can't afford to give it away at throw away prices however we may wish. That said I wouldn't be doing the upgrade now, Only after a complete TD of the 2012 Punto in Highway I shall decide and I would anyhow wait till the 60K mark to do the upgrade.

Going to aftermarket suspensions is good, But do you think we need more that what is offered in there currently? The suspension is more than enough to take a 2.0 Litre motor even. Downside of going aftermarket is you loose the warranty on majority of components stating the suspension is changed right?
  8. Italia-Linea

Fiat on FB is telling its customers that they are selling the upgrade kit at consolidated pricing.
    This is a clear cheating.
    According to them
    The kit includes front shock absorbers (L & R), Rear shock absorbers (L & R), Rear Spring (L & R) for a Linea. For a Punto - it incudes the above plus Front Bump Stopper (L & R) and Front Stabilizer Bar.

the market MRP of parts is as below

Front Shock Absorber Right 1 1 Rs. 1,990.00
    Front Shock Absorber Left 1 1 Rs. 1,990.00
    Front Bump Stopper L and R 2 2 Rs. 1,630.00
    Front Stabilizer bar 1 1 Rs. 2,899.00
    Rear Shock Absorber L and R 2 2 Rs. 2,390.00
    Rear Spring Left and Right 2 Rs. 1,000.00

So quite evidently they are charging us MRP and cheating us by calling it as consolidated pricing,

I would clearly suggest everyone to stay away from this.
    2 people like this.
  9. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Guys, I would really be apprehensive of how equipped TASS would be to carry out such a complicated task. I have often found them taking the shortcut route with the 'chalta hai' attitude. I would too stay away from this upgrade. As already said earlier in this thread, I would opt for a set of 15" alloys, which should take care of GC issues, which I haven't yet really faced.

10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I agree .

technically Fiat is suppose to provide with free upgrades especially those which are still in warrenty.
    we customers are paying price for lower GC ,bad strut mounts ,noisy suspensions, all these technical failure from design/manufacturing side.
    same as they replaced upgraded CSC with old ones.
    1 person likes this.