1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will you go for ground clearence upgrade if Fiat offer it as a kit?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sungoa2010, Jan 29, 2012.

?

Will you opt for Ground clearence upgrade if it is available at TASS?

1. Yes

65 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. No

75 vote(s)
    53.6%
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not much surprised to see more NO's than Yes's. I really don't see a reason for upgradation for Punto/T-Jet. The ideal candidate for the upgrade is the Linea MJD which currently has a GC of 161mm and that too with Soft Suspension. It once took me 1.5 hrs to travel a stretch of 15 kms with full of patholes. I did not scrape it anywhere though.
    2 people like this.
  2. I'm still un-decided. The upgrade to 195/65 being the main reason. Have not scrapped anywhere. So holding back for the moment.
  3. Maybe I will go for a 17" alloy upgrade than a height upgrade
  4. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    for my 1.3 MJD EPK,

if the new suspension eliminates the "thud" in absence of co-passengers in rear seat then YES , & cost less than 10k

but, the above clause seems to be not possible hence , Voted for NO

Atul
  5. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    No from me. I've hardly scrapped on even the worst of the speed breakers. No point in spending Rs. 10 k and taking a risk with existing fun.
  6. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    I agree with Ravi, Even I would go for upgrade for my Linea if the kit cost around 10K. I have invested lot on the CAR recently, Tyres 20K, 2 Yrs Service 26K and FIAT Alloys 16K(Used). I cannot invest any more money untill next 1 Year :(
  7. No I wouldnt want to upgrade. First I dont have so much issue with the existing GC and I have adjusted my driving style accordingly. Secondly I would not want the Tata A.S.S touch my car for this which may end up giving other problems. Third I prefer the low slung profile of the car rather than on stilts.
  8. I will upgrade to GC kit....but what cost???
  9. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    I love my ride as it is now. Did Blr-Mglr last weekend I did not have any issue maneuvering curves in Shiradi Ghat.

All other cars was left behind......:D I dont think any other car with in 10lcs would have such a crispy handling & confidence in corners.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Interesting to see more members are not in favour of increasing GC. This shows existing GC is quite sufficient. At-least I never had any big issue with Punto's GC.