1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will you go for ground clearence upgrade if Fiat offer it as a kit?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sungoa2010, Jan 29, 2012.

?

Will you opt for Ground clearence upgrade if it is available at TASS?

1. Yes

65 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. No

75 vote(s)
    53.6%
  1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    There is so much emotional attachment between linea/punto. Road gives excellent feedback and linea/punto like to give a kiss in return.:car
    For other cars there is a lack of communications and each likes to kick each other instead of kissing .:boxer
    2 people like this.
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have more or less modified my driving style to cater for the existing GC. So, unless I get some feedback about the impact of this mod on the existing superb handling of the Punto, I will not do the upgrade.

I was planning an upgrade to 195/65 R15 tyres when I am through with the existing ones. This was planned before the upgrade came on the scene. I might still go ahead with this tyre upgrade & skip the modification.

Regards
    Johnny
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Am happy with 170mm of ground clearence on my Jet.

I don't like Linea 2012's gap in the wheel arches.
  4. If the GC upgrade costs within Rs 10 k or so, yes >> Which means you wont go for it . Even I am also thinking the same . :p

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i voted no. as i dont find any problems with the current set up. i would rather spend such money on 195/65 section silent tyres and get rid of the current crap from GY.
  6. mayank

mayank Amatore

i voted for no because i got the patience to alter my driving style a bit and go through these huge speed breakers or potholes at a slow speed and i think punto is not the only car which is having a low GC..even alto K10 is having almost same GC as punto and since you guys have also seen polo's Gc so you can really afford to give a thought to it before spending 10k..if you are living in an area where roads are bad then u may need to opt for this upgrade otherwise u can let it be like that!
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    NO. NO upgrade for me.

I drive on the some roads of rural Haryana, at places where road does not even exists. I have a 2010 model with 171mm GC but I am not upgrading to 195mm. I prefer to slow down to first gear at speedbreakers and pot holes.
  8. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    In Agreement. I would not mind upgrading for the same reason. When back we can revert back to original GC :D . Its like dressing up for leh / ladakh stuff.
    2 people like this.
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Already running negotiations for coilover springs(lowering) upgrade or not least interested.

Harmony & chaos

Jasveen Singh Gill
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I can live happily for a few more years with my GC of 173 mm. I will rather go for (FIAT)car upgrade rather than upragding the GC alone.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.