1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will you buy a Fiat as your next car? Give the immedie response in your mind

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by sungoa2010, Feb 8, 2012.

?

Will you opt for Fiat brand for next buy

1. Yes

112 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. Not sure

15 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    This poll came to my mind after reading various threads about quality, sales, owner reviews etc etc. Most of us are satisfied with our cars.

And we know that Fiat cars are excellent. We also know the pros and cons of Fiat cars. We have analysed it in great detail and also at some point of time at least some of us also experienced the down side of going for our passion. We are also passionate about cars but also passionate about our kids,wife,parents, work, earnings etc. So each of them will influence other.

For example, when I was going for Fiat, my wife and parents were not happy. My wife were using a 118 in her childhood and they had some bad experience with the vehicle. Also they were skeptical about the TATA service. But after purchase, as far as the car is concerned, they are happy. Also the service turned out to OK. And I am happy with the Fiat.

But the there are some price that I am paying for it. One is the distance of service station from home. I have to take a leave for taking it at TASS. If the service station were near I could have managed it without taking a leave. If it is for routine service it is OK but for coolant leak, noise from suspension, rubber beading coming out etc etc, it is disturbing my work as well as my family.

What I want to tell is that all these small factors will influence in our next buying decision. So if have to answer the question asked in the poll my immediate answer will be "not sure ". This is a answer that occurred to me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Answer is -Why not.

Fiat definitely offers better than the lot. but does not deliver what they can. this is where they fail for a new buyer as well as for enthusiasts.

1. quality interiors
    2. powerful engine for the kind of dynamics body cn handel
    3.Regular upgrades and updates.
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I am 15, and when i'll buy my first car (hopefully 10 years from now) it will definiately be a Fiat. Fiat cars are much better than the competition in terms of ride/handling, build quality, safety, features etc (in the present scenario, don't know what will happen in the future).

I won't mind plastic quality, fit/finish etc as I want a car that brings a smile on my face whenever I take a corner.
    3 people like this.
  4. My vote is "NO".
  5. Yes why not.
  6. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    I'm not sure. But, definitely not a newly launched FIAT car. I will wait for at least a year, after a new launch, to consider buying it. I don't want to keep visiting the service center for upgraded/modified/improved/defective parts. Hopefully 1 year is enough time for FIAT R&D folks to complete their field tests at the expense of other customers.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  7. MODS NOTE - Please stick to the topic guys. The potential for this thread to go haywire is really immense. Thanks.
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Answer is a big yes. There is a catch though. When I upgrade from Linea, SUV will be high on my radar. If Fiat has a suitable product at the time I want to buy, I will go with Fiat definitely.
  9. I voted yes . But not on linea or any sedan ( NO offense .Just that i wont be using Boot space for 95 % of my travel as of now and I dont want to pay for something I dont use ) . If Fiat launchs SUV in another 2 -3 years in India then that will be my next upgrade .

Ajit
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Why not.....!!!!!

I have not sat on a car below 20 lacs which comes near the overall combination what Fiat is offering. May be a few negative points, but overall its positive. So why not. IF fiat has something good to offer, why not.

Very Often, I see marutis/hyundai's with broken beads, rusted doors, bad paint quailties, bent bumpers (because of low height), cars not starting, people fighting at the Maruti/hyundai service centers for bad service and all those negtive things which are generally highlighted for FIAT. I am not saying Maruti/Hyundai is bad, I am not saying FIAT is good. But If One is not given a chance, One will never have the chance to prove.

The only advise I will give, consider all the cars while you are buying next (dont compare the brands), the only one you like the most as a car buy that, as the problems mentioned above will be there with 100 % of the manufacturer.
    2 people like this.