1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will Tata Motors and Fiat Ride Out the Jinx?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 2, 2010.

1. How about Michael S for T-JET?
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Fiat don't need ambassadors, what they need is real owners view about the car.
    Fiat can have a dedicated page in some of the magazines just to publish the testimonials of real owners of Linea/Punto.

All the adverts of Fiat are very good even the Linea T-Jet one but they should also let the people know that what hides under the hood of the Jet.
    Best would be to have different ads to highlight different aspects of its cars like power, handling, features. Till now fiat have just focused on looks of it's products.

And damn I love the songs that plays in the background of linea Ad. I am stuck at the side. Full song should be made available on the Fiat website to be downloaded
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ::OO What a lousy advt. made by FIAT. have you seen the advt. of the Tata Manza, it is indirectly aiming the competitor at the right place. FIAT should bring our something like that, If the Tata is reaponsible for the sale promotion of FIAT, theywhy are they making dumb advt. for FIAT :confused
  4. I agree with you Tony! In fact while watching today's match between India and South Africa, I did not see any FIAT adv but saw this Manza Adv and was impressed with the same.
  5. R Alavandar

R Alavandar

That's a great ad, hitting the nail on the head. Today I test drove Toyota Etios. Interior, plastics, upholstery (red/black), knobs, etc look cheap. My earlier Marina was far better. The instrument panel was nothing to talk about. I felt the AC, rear seat leg space and high sitting posture are good. Seating is exactly like Indigo. Power steering is only electrical. In short, the car is a stripped down version.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Partnership with Fiat needs to be critically examined: Tata

Admitting that the joint venture between Tata Motors and Fiat has not been as active as planned, Tata Group Chief Ratan Tata has said the association needs to be critically examined to optimise its potential.

In an interview in market research firm JD Power's report on the Indian automobile industry, Tata said his good personal rapport with Fiat Chief Executive Officer Sergio Marchionne has not been translated at the working level of the two firms.

Tata said in 'India Automotive 2020: The Next Giant from Asia'. With Fiat yet to make its mark in the Indian car market, Tata said the Italian company needed to bring in more new models here.

he said.

As part of a 50:50 joint venture agreement signed in 2007, the two companies had agreed to a joint distribution network and back-end support, besides co-manufacturing of products at the Ranjangaon facility near Pune.

Subsequently, Fiat cars are being sold at Tata Fiat branded showrooms, but it has not been able to clock volumes. Recently, the partners decided to redraw distribution plans, with Fiat proposed to have its own independent brand showroom, although it will continue to sell cars through Tata outlets.

In 2010-11, Fiat sold 21,066 units, as against 24,727 units in the previous fiscal, down 14.81%. Tata also pointed out the need to have close coordination at the working level of the two companies to take forward the partnership.

he said
    He, however, ruled out giving up on the partnership, saying
    Source: http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...ds-to-be-critically-examined-tata_557027.html
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2011
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

It sure is Mr. Tata.

The concept has proved to be much more healthy for Tata than it has been for FIAT.

8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    If TATA-FIAT is not able to meet the numbers they actually expected, it is their mistake and both TATA and FIAT are equally responsible for the not-so-great sales numbers(didnt want to say poor sales), with poor marketing and advertising.
    They should target those customers who go to other car makers, and not customers who intentionally come to TATA-FIAT showroom. Until there is an attempt to attract new customers who have never been with FIAT before, monthly sales numbers will remain the same with +/- 500. And the blame game will continue.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    The same thing of review the contracts will go on forever. FIAT was really foolish enough to share the VGT with Manza. As read elsewhere if FIAT needs to share all the engine versions with TATA then its a fantastic deal for TATA and definitely not for FIAT.

May be they need an amendment to the contract/JV compelling TATA to sell alteast 4K units of Punto and Linea combined in a month, may be then the actual efforts to market the car will be seen.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    There is no one-way thing here, think that Fiat has got 175 dealership for free. This is the probably biggest investment after factory set-up.
    If people are not buying Fiat cars, you can't blame only Tata.