1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will Renault Kwid shake up the entry level segment

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Mabams1826, May 28, 2015.

1. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    The images of about to launched Renault Kwid to say the least is outstanding.
    I am sure it will give sleepless nights to Maruthi/ Hyundi fellows.
    The fact that no entry segment looks as aggressive as Kwid itself is a great achievement and the news that the interiors are designed by Indian engineers is icing on cake.
    The dream of frugal engineering taking the world by Strom is Carlos Ghosan's ambition and it seems that its just going to happen.
    Its a pity Fiat never even thought in these lines...
    (Kindly requesting Mods to move this post to appropriate thread)

Screenshot_2015-05-28-12-30-22~2.jpg

Screenshot_2015-05-28-12-30-37~2.jpg
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Kwid is essentially a 800cc engine and will take the likes of MAruti Alto, Nissan Datsun Go and Hyundai Eon all entry level cars. Unless the Kwid has some extra ordinary features to shift the Indian customer perception, it will fall in the shadows of its counterparts. Alto's main USP is the fuel efficiency and the wide service network. If Kwid can outclass these two, then Renault has a winner on their hands. Eon in any case was no competition to Alto but still used to sell in good number as an entry level car for the masses. Datsun Go was badly hurt by the failure of safety ranking controversy and still has not recovered at all. Kwid will also experience a major cost cutting in all sections.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Kwid has potential to beat most of the entry level cars but it can not beat Alto twins. Alto is the Activa and Splender of 4 wheelers and doesnt matter whats there in market people will blindly buy Alto.
    dadasaheb, prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  4. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    The power of Kwid is just announced as 57 bhp as per motorbeam article and if the price is kept below 4.5 lac on road for top variant, Celerio will run for cover.
    I feel the SUV like appearance will attract our people on droves...
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    That plastic cladding bevel design looks appealing and gives the car a solid feel look. Just bulbous in the right places.
  6. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    And this conforms, Indians like SUV looks no matter how small.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    It looks like dusters little sister. I am having my eye on it too:). Being in city means no bother about service. I am sure it will take the Indian cities by storm initially, just for the looks alone, and am expecting it to have a bulbous order book when released. One thing for sure is there will not be any more badge engineering by this JV. Such arrangements are all done and dusted into history atleast in India.

Abdul
  8. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Both interiors and exteriors looks to be inspired from Duster including the gear knob. Flat bottom steering wheel looks nice as well.

Good steps in cashing on the success of Duster. No doubt that this will eat into Datsun Go's share and bit into Hyundai EON sales but highly doubtful if this can do anything to Alto's numbers.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I was expecting 1.2 Petrol mill from Datsun Go however 800cc engine from Renault is clear indication of keeping price as low as possible.

Bold look and Mini Duster tag will attrack first time buyers towards this Kwid.

BTW what does Kwid means? :)
    dadasaheb likes this.
  10. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    If Renault plays few cards right, I think it can become a serious contender for upsetting Alto.
    First is the massive marketing which it should do to promote.
    Second is the service network.
    Third is Pricing it right.
    Finally the ability to produce and met the high demand, if it receives massive booking.
    Let's not forget the massive bookings for Nano, but the long waiting period totally screwed up everything.
    In the long run if Renault is able to take care of the above list, I feel it can increase the threshold level of entry segment from the current value and will can become an aspirational purchase in entry segment.
    Frankally like many of us I am sick of seeing enough of Altos on our roads.....
    kedarbendre likes this.