1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will Punto spares do the Palio/Uno way after it is discontinued?

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by naveen0808, Dec 3, 2012.

1. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    You know what ?
    If the current Palio in Brazil is launched in India, I'll book the Palio variant of my choice without thinking "I'm already driving T-jet+ " and already possess a Palio as well.
    My Palio served me for 5 years, made me happy more than my wife did. Though my Palio is 1.1Stile-SLX, but have no regrets.I bought it in Aug2007 when 1.3MJD was not launched then. I was told that 1.3MJD Palio would come next year, but latter launched in Feb 2008 only, that is why I don't own the marvelous 1.3MJD-Palio. Yes, I was discouraged by the sales executives at TATA to buy the 1.6Stile-Sport which was present in the showroom like Ferrari-cousin.....that is my regret why I did not choose to buy this "crawling-beauty".
    I owned two M800s since 1998 till 2007 when I was able to afford the FIAT-Palio.
    What do you think now?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. Looks like Sanity in the mad world. :dance . I can understand What your love for Fiat means.

hey Guys, Little OT, Does anybody know or have experienced what happens to a car if it is not at all used for an year? What would be the expenses involved to review it? My company has promised me to send me out of country for an year, but not exactly sure when , that's delaying my purchase of punto sport
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  4. What Teky says is 100 % right. The best reply one can give to someone asking "Can I buy a FIAT" ? I have stopped suggesting FIAT cars to others except for closest friends who I believe will not come back to me for a niggle or spare issue stating, You suggested a FIAT and I am facing so and so problem. As teky says, all over internet, you can find 'FIAT has spare parts sourcing issue.' Even after reading that some go ahead and buy a FIAT and start their apprehensive ownership. After this, even a minute rattle in the car will spoil their peace of mind. Oh! look at the Polo, it had no rattles, look at the swift, it has less engine noise, look at fabia, the thud is better than punto etc etc and when the Service Adviser says " Sir, No spare part, will take 1 Week time " the owner will hear it as "will take 1 year time ?????" the next time he sees his FIAT, curse curse curse....

My car had a minor accident last week on the Trichy - Chennai highway, a dog jumped in from no where, hitting the bumper, when my car was doing 130 - 140 KMPH. The lower grill is lost, Right Fog lamp is broken, bumper is torn below the lower grill, a huge dent near the right fog lamp, intercooler hit. I have given the car for repair, the SA said will take more than 15 - 20 days for getting the spare. 2 Days later he called me and said your car will be ready in 5 or 6 days sir, I have somehow managed to find the spares and made a bill for it. I was not worried when he said it might take more than 20 days because, all I wanted was the car to get to me in good shape just like if my child is ill and doctor says he needs 1 months complete rest. I would not complain my child, why does it need 1 month for you to get well Blah blah blah....
    10 people like this.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I don't know about future? No body knows.....
    Why we are thinking about it now.
    If you bought a Merc, will you bother about it's resale or it's milage? no.

It's same with Fiat too.

I don't know about Fiat's impression on indian people. But I knew one thing that Fiat makes Ferrari.
  6. dharmesh

That's the best ever explanation I have come across on the entire internet.
    2 people like this.
  7. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Nothing stays forever my friend, For everything else there is mastercar.... :D
    2 people like this.
  8. Hey Guys, have booked punto sports BNW with KHT motors. Expected to be delivered to the showroom today and registration probably on 01-Jan-13. Should be getting on hand by 02-Jan, super excited.

One QQ, going through the forums I found different suggestions for maintaining speed/RPM's for first 4000 Kms. Is it nessasary that I keep the speed/RPM range below 100/2500 or is it not ?

Read the wonderful thread for Engine Idling before start/stop.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats the bible.

Do update your experience with dealer.
  10. Sure , would post a detailed thread once I have the punto in my hand.