1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will Punto spares do the Palio/Uno way after it is discontinued?

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by naveen0808, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Hi Folks,

Am on the way to buy my first diesel hatch soon and punto sports top the list. The only worry :confused I have is that Punto is already 4/5 years old in India and if Fiat discontinues selling it in the next 2/3 years, would it be difficult to get the spares as palio/Uno owners are complaining in the forum ? It would be great to hear the views of existing owners.

I do not want to end up in a situation where it takes 2-3 weeks to get a spare.
  2. Sir, Even in Maruti certain spares will take longer time to source like fuel tank of SX4. just try asking for rear drum brake plate for M800 you will now what is difficulty involved.

Spares that are in demand are mostly stocked but few are not,I am not saying spares are not an issue with FIAT but most of the stuff will come with a week.
    Spares that are needs to keep the car running will be mostly available off the shelf.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    First, Punto is just 3.5 years old in India.
    What will happen in next 2-3 years, nobody can answer, but as per current news, Fiat is investing heavily in India and there is no plan to exit this exciting market. Palio/Uno, certainly they have screwed-up and that is the reason even current cars are not selling well, brand image has taken a big hit.
    But generally, there is no issue with parts currently and what Fiat is planning, they can't do the same mistakes.

BTW, which city are you from?

For normal or fast moving parts, this doesn't happen, but sometime it does take this much time.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

I haven't faced any difficulty in sourcing spares for Palio at least in Chennai. So please stop reading and believing whatever is written on the Internet, For Punto the maximum I had to wait for part is 1 week. That was because it was a warranty replacement else I would've got it in a day elsewhere.

If you're having slightest apprehension against Fiat spare parts please don't buy a Fiat!
    4 people like this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    If Maruti/Hyundai take 2-3 weeks to get a spare, that is absolutely normal. No problem at all. But, if Fiat take 2-3 weeks to source anything then it is shouted to death on forums. That is the perception people have on Fiat.

Generally, most of the frequently used parts are available on the shelf. Some part may not be available and may require the dealer to be sourced from Fiat. It could take 1-2 weeks. That is the maximum I have seen so far.

2 years back, my friend's Dezire met with an accident and was lying at the Maruti Service at Pondicherry for more than 3 months waiting for an important engine part to arrive from Haryana. Still, this is absolutely normal as he has now bought a SX4 worrying about Fiat service.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    5 people like this.
  6. sungoa2010

Apart from the unfortunate event that they discontinued Every Fiatian should be proud to see the way Palio and Unos running even today on roads. Where are their batch mates. You will not see non of them on road. One should consider the current state of Palio/Uno as the worst that can happen to Fiat. One of the point that gave confident in my purchase was this factor.
    2 people like this.
  7. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Dear naveen,
    Kindly, read my "Signature" below..! You need to possess some amount of COURAGE to fulfill your wish, if you like the pleasure from driving then FIAT is at you disposal.
    Why should you cancel to please YOUR-SELF or postpone to get the FIAT-pleasure only to confirm the age of FIAT in India ??
    When you love somthing, be blind, it is true in Love and War..!!
    Enjoy Life Fearlessly,
    S A SHAH
    12 people like this.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Naveen Sir,

This is the well familiar question to all FIAT users by all common (mango) people.
    Fiat has hard time earlier with Premier but FIAT bounced backed with 2 solid models which are having lots of features which you can not get in people loved car brands. Then also these cars are not so expensive.

For your information FIAT is having more than 90+ models all over world till that. It's revolutionary Diesel multijet engine is used by lots of car brands to increase there diesel cars. You might be aware of this. If not then please use google.

I have sold my 1.2 Uno for 50K after 4 years with 200K kms. But the feel I used to have in Uno, no one could able to touch it.

And after 6 years when I have to choose a small car for my daily use, I choose FIAT again. My parents were against it because of UNO's resale.
    But when I asked them about the ride quality, handling & stability of UNO. Everyone was missing UNO for that.

When they entered in Punto again for the first time as I was not there for delivery. Dad called me & told me that FIAT has improved a lot & you have got the best car than other brands.

To own a FIAT you should have to feel FIAT............
    7 people like this.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    This sums it all! Very well said :) Else, it is really really difficult to explain things to people who havent experienced a FIAT. They end up thinking - 'What so great? Why FIAT fans go ga ga over their rides so much! It turns out pointless
    2 people like this.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

That pretty much sums it up S A Shah! Can only click Like button once unfortunately.
    1 person likes this.