1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will not remote controller work where steering mounted controls provided?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by sageeshr, Oct 23, 2014.

1. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I drive a Punto 90 HP Sports which is about 7 months old and 14000Kms driven.I do not see the music system remote controller function since beginning.I have tried multiple times as it has been provided with the car. It does not seems triggering at all. I have reported it to the showroom people as it was noticed in first week from delivery and the response was 'since steering mounted controls are given,remote controller will not function'. Is it true?. Believing the same,I really did not bother it further till seeing this platform highly interactive here.

Could anyone please let me know the above mentioned is a normal and expected behaviour as showroom said or it is a problem with the unit I have got.

SageeshR
  2. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    If it should not work when steering controls are there,

Then why fiat even bothered to give one,

Ask them this question and make a complaint in job card,

Later mail the issue to fiat as well.
  3. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Vivek.
    Let's see few more others to share experiences on same.
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Except changing the songs from USB media it should work for all other actions.
  5. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    That's right... The issue is there is my linea T-Jet.. I too reported this issue to service advisor and he is also surprised to hear this and he asked me to bring the car to check this. I'm yet to go for this check.. When I tried myself the remote works for radio but when we are using usb media the remote buttons for changing songs doesn't work.. The only buttons which works is volume... ... Haven't tried with CD...
  6. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The remote is only for the HU and will work for Radio/CD functions and volume control.
    USB is played by B&Me box and it is like an addition to the HU so the remote wouldn't work there.
  7. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks guys for sharing thoughts. You are right the remote supposed to work and it got fixed for me.Thanks to the service advisor Mr.Mithun Raj from Vecto Motors,Bangalore. He could catch,diagnose the issue and find the root cause right after me telling him the concern. It was actually a problem with the ceiling lamp unit which got replaced and everything started working.Moreover there was a misalignment with the switches which also got fixed with it.Kudos to Mr.Mithun.
  8. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    Remote Control..??? Never seen this before... :eek:
  9. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Fixing this problem weeks before looks lead to another. Not sure whether I caught the right root cause. However the songs coming from USB storage is not getting changed and it looks repeating the same song again and again until change it manually:(. After observing this,I have even tried aligning the songs with and without folders in the storage device but it could not help. At the same time one another behavior I have noticed is pressing 'Audio' button shows 'Fader <- 0 ->' on display.Not sure want went wrong with it. If I recollect the fix correct,I think there was some software update have done for Bluetooth pairing during my last service. Could you people please share thoughts before I reach the service center in coming weekend?
  10. mnvvishwa

mnvvishwa Novizio

Bangalore
    @sageeshr,

For your same song repeating issue, remove the track repeat option in the Blue & Me menu under the Media Player option.

upload_2014-12-9_15-27-13.png

When you press the Audio button in the Head unit, it shows the settings or options available in the music player. you can navigate using the Up and Down Arrow buttons in the HU.