1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will Linea Diesel Succeed even with the 1.6 MJet ??

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by cyberdoctorind, May 4, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    1.6 Multijet engine with better gear box like Maruti Suzuki will help Linea to get much required performance.

I saw many people reject Linea because it has 1248cc diesel engine. :)
    dadasaheb likes this.
  2. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    six speed gearbox from Europe along with 1.6 MJD 2 with 320 Torque at 1500 RPM :)
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Well, a or the new 6-speed gearbox (the same used on the 500X+Renegade) WILL, they say, come.

Hopefully, on the FiatAbarth-s...but likely only on the 'New Avventura' b-suv and the localized Jeep C-Suv/Renegade in late 2016/2017.

IMO, judging by: their plan, good (sourced and quoted rather than rumour based) reports, and....the fact, contrary to so many folks' complaints and skepticism, they've been sticking so far to that plan, pretty much exactly, except for the Jeep-launch delay (due to the rupee severe depreciation last year).

I wish they'd bring the 1.3 mjd2 to India too, tough I can see why they haven't and won't for several years: expensive injection system, no payoff from the market nor from Maruti+Tata for that engine since the current one is still pretty much the best small-diesel around, in India: the Linea+Evo+Avventura in India's car culture don't need anything bigger than that superb engine. 20 odd % more lowend torque @1500 odd rpm, 15 odd% more efficient, even better emmissions (the mjd is, if am not wrong, the cleanest small-diesel in India so far)....
    Saurabh Gharat, Deepak and dadasaheb like this.