1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will Linea Diesel Succeed even with the 1.6 MJet ??

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by cyberdoctorind, May 4, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    rarely any body in india know about engine size and cylinder volumes. they look at the brand and speed of car. how many of them know the engine cylinder size of maruthi sx-4 or petrol engine size in swift dezire?
    engine size matters when the debates turns against the favour of the guys who are against fiat.

1.3 mjd linea and punto is already a success. it is only shadowed by poor ASS where people are reluctant. most of the people whom i have known do a test drive but later drop the idea of owning it when they learn about disastrous past of fiat.
    who would like to take chance?
    fiat has always taken their own client for granted so impression is that the new comers are already at the edge of disposal.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    well one can say that gear ratios are screwed up on linea and punto, when he is used to drive other brand cars. once he is used to driving a linea or punto - thats why i always mention "Art of driving a linea" , its breeze for him.

for example initially i used to try revving in 2nd gear in vain and curse the gearbox. now what i do is at around 2500rms quickly shift to 3rd and just floor the pedal and zoom she goes and same you should do to shift to 4th and more zoom you get.

in city i cannot beat the swift or dezire when starting from signal. but on highways i make sure they cannot beat me.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    no offence but i do not see much of future for 1.6mjd if it is priced above 9 lakhs.

fiat is too late. 1.6mjd will have dismal sales of 300-600 unit a months.

indians have vw vento and sx4 mjd in hand. which is already on top of list.

if 1.6 mjd due to size is priced at 11+lakhs, we indians have toyota altis which is best bargain.

only potential buyers would be who do not prefer waiting periods.

one option for fiat 1.6mjd is improvement on interiors. bring in fresh interiors meticulously outstanding interiors loaded with features and price it accordingly .
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    truly speaking Fiat will never enjoy high sales, let them launch anything they want. this is due to their own deeds and even today they are not putting 100% efforts.

if fiat was suppossed to be sold in huge numbers then Punto and Linea would have outsold other cars, they have that potential.

If a Linea would have been launched my Maruti, buyers would have never looked at other cars. not even the altis or fiesta or verna.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Its not too late.

FIAT have the engine ( 1.6 MJD) and the 6 speed gearbox. They just have to plonk it in. I dont see any need to rework the gear ratios to suit the 'Indian conditons'.

The 1.6 can easily shame the Vento diesel.

What will sorely be needed is the marketing blitz for the 1.6 MJD.

FIAT should drop the prices of the 1.3 MJD a bit and price the 1.6 very, very competitively. Economies of scale is the only way i see for FIAT's success.

OR they can provide the 1.6 MJD in the Emotion and Emotion Pack variants and let the 1.3 MJD do duty in the Active and Dynamic variants. Best of both worlds.

Lets see how things go.

Gurjinder.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    million points to you italialinea
  7. I concur with you, my friend Vithal brought a 2011 punto just few weeks back it had better acceleration than mine.
    How ever i feel issue was with pressure of the fuel pump, as I have drive few TMC'ed and pete'd cars their gear donot feel sluggish at all.
    But again that what I felt .
    -Sat
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    well said amit!...but still even i'll say that its not that late yet!! If fiat really want to land with 1.6MJD this time is great,only thing bothering me is FIAT not at all putting their 100%.If they mange to do it FIAT cars will selling like hot cakes! Now its do or die time.Fiat gotta change their attitude & out come will be FIATs every where on the roads.
    one more opinion about FIAT is till the time they are with TATA 100% satisfaction is hard to achieve. Cause even TATA gets the heat if much FIATs getting sold!End of the day tata also here for business & they will try many things to lower down the sales of FIAT!!
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    OT :

1st and 2nd gears do lugg a bit on load n normal conditions(being a 1.4 owner im facing this)..due to this theres heavy load on the clutch too...is this due to the weight of the car?? Or the clutch needs to be of more heavy duty?? FIAT need to rework their clutch for linea and punto i guess and it needs to be of more heavy duty cuz there have been reports on TFI of clutch givin away too early i.e 30k kms...i hope this wont be a case with the 1.6MJD though..
  10. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Its all about pricing.... FIAT with some killer pricing (should ideally be lower then 10L) can make some waves with 1.6 liter engine....
    FIAT 1.3L has gathered a lot of publicity as its used in many cars... 1.6 can be a winner depending on how it is marketed and presented and more importantly Priced...

Before they even thing about launching another car in INDIA... they should sort out their showrooms, set up dedicated FIAT sales network and makes spares available easily and at lower prices.....