1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will get a fiat car soon Edit: Booked and PDI done

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by daretodream, Jun 15, 2012.

1. daretodream

daretodream Timido

HSR Layout
    Linea 1.4
    Hi All

There is an update on my part.
    I was expecting my car to have arrived in Bangalore today.. there was no update from my sales agent regarding the same.
    Today I called SA to find out the whereabouts.. he said that the car is dispatched and should come in 4-5 days.
    Then he added that the company has rolled back the "Free Insurance" offer and I will have to pay for it (INR 34k). I told that I have a commitment letter from KHT for Free insurance to which he said that his boss has agreed to bear 40% of the insurance value. I will have to bear 60%(INR 21k).
    Now he is asking whether I want the car or not!

I had actually stretched my budget from Punto to get Linea and this is far too much to stretch. Yesterday I spent good 4 hours at SBI Mahadevpura Branch to get my car loan application submitted and today I get this news! I'm feeling so frustated! I am seriously considering cancelling the booking.

My be I will get my Linea sometime later!
    I've also seen gonugupta's thread "Booked Linea 2012 Emotion Diesel – excitement turned sour!" and am little encouraged by the same!

I've the written and signed commitment letter from KHT Motors which mentions Free Insurance and RSA. So, will do what gonugupta did- write a mail to FIAT India and wait for their response!

my colleagues suggested to go for SX4, City etc.. Bu I told them if it is not Linea, it is nothing :)
    Well then, I guess I will have to wait for Linea..
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Post your concern in this thread: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/dealership-reviews/493-kht-motors-bangalore-10.html and see what Adit (owner of KHT) has to say.

I would also suggest to send an email to him simultaneously for quick response. You can find his email id here: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/dealership-reviews/493-kht-motors-bangalore-8.html#post81548

Hopefully your problems will be resolved soon! Don't get dissappointed by these things! Theres a solution to all problems, just that you need to reach out to the right person.
    You will be keeping the car for years. Its worth it if even if you have to haggle for a few days for it!!
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  3. xler

xler Novizio

Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
    Linea 1.3
    Heartiest congratulations! Welcome aboard daretodream
    The next few days will seem longer. And you will suddenly notice lots of Fiat cars on the road.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Dont worry, All will be fine just negotiate more on the Insurance and you might end up with some 60 to 70 % which is fine,
    The sale of Fiat cars is rising that's Y they get back on all these offers, People are aware of the Macho Machine now...
    Try your luck by visiting the dealer personally.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
  5. arunrush

welcum to Tfi n Blore :)
  6. Any updates daretodate? Have you mailed or talked to Adit (owner of KHT) as suggested by shams?
    My linea is still not dispatched from plant and sales staff is saying that they try their level best to deliver the car by 25-Jun !!
  7. daretodream

daretodream Timido

HSR Layout
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks a tonne shams! Did post my concern in the tread but Adit's reply still awaited. But my concern is addressed nevertheless... Details at the end of post.

Thanks xler! It has been one real long wait! and o hell yeah.. I do see so many Puntos and Lineas all around !

Thanks Tony.. Couldnt meet the dealer personally because of tight schedule.. but my problem is solved nevertheless.. Details at the end of my post.

Thanks arunrush! See you around then!

Thanks gonugupta for being an example that gave me hope and for your help and guidance.

So, here is the update.
    I sent mail to email ids shared by gonugupta 4 days ago. There is no reply from that email id or any other FIAT person.
    SA Mr. Irshad has been in regular touch and updated me that while I booked on 4th June, the free insurance policy rollback was done only on 5th June and he is trying to convince higher-ups in FIAT to let my case be treated as an exception case.
    I'd posted in KHT Motors thread but got no response from anyone in thread nor any reponse from Adit.

Today morning SA Irshad called me up that the company, as an exception case, has agreed to give free insurance to all customers who booked till 4th June!
    Ye Ye Ye!! Now, I'm super happy!

Now, my originally booked color Oceanic Blue is nowhere in sight and SA Irshad also didnt have any idea when it will be dispatched from plant. But, he also added that Tuscan WIne, being fast moving, they had ordered extra numbers and I can have one blocked for me! This consignment is in transit(near Hubli) and will reach bangalore by tomorrow or day after. So, I've decided to block one for myself!

My Loan is also done! SO, the waiting game begins! And the weather is so good !!! La la la la !!

1 person likes this.
  8. Anish_A

Hello daretodream

OB is worth the wait. :) I would still stick to OB if it's linea............punto i might have even thought. :).OB looks the best in Linea.

However, since i personally own a OB Punto, it is a very difficult color to maintain in blore..........keep it out for half n hour n it's all dusted. :(.
    But will stick to OB anyday.

9. daretodream

daretodream Timido

HSR Layout
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks for the inputs Anish! :)

Blue is my fav color.. Have 2003 Bajaj Pulsar (the first generation with round headlights...) which is also Blue.
    My wife was always against Oceanic Blue and pushing me for Tuscan Wine or Boss Nova White.. and with all the suspense and thrillers in past 15 days..
    I have given in to whichever color was most readily available.. Tuscan Wine..
    Unless something is grossly wrong during PDI, I guess it will be Tuscan Wine.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

TW is equally hard to maintain as OB. The easier colors are White & Minimal grey but then they will never stand tall like OB or TW. You win some, you lose some.