1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will Fiat exclusive dealerships help improve Fiat Sales?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amit, Mar 24, 2011.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It will help in a long run, But the need for hour is to how does one differentiate Tata & Fiat products. The mango man would damn care about Handling, build quality, hence we see lots of customer moving away to Tata as their primary requirement is to travel from A to B. The very well trained SA of Tata state that you get everything from the Punto/Linea including engine, technology on cheaper priced Vista/Manza. So why do you spend more on a Fiat? Fiat should have products which should stand out of the crowd, at least Tata.

Good ideas you've suggested there Amit, I quite agree with the DVD/CD. Even though the customer may end up buying another car, it's just increases the awareness which is missing currently.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Here is the link to that post: http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=449&p=37007#p37007
    There are many other good suggestions in that thread. If Fiat can go through and implement a few of them, it will be good.
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    We all bought Fiat cars. We should all list down the things we didn't like when we bought our car's and any improvements we thought would be good for the company if implemented at dealerships.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I bought my Punto because of my conviction, and there was no attempt from the side of TATA-FIAT dealer to ensure that I buy a FIAT car. Whereas, if I contacted a Maruti or a Hyundai dealer, they will keep following up with me until I say "Shut up, I am not interested in your car". They are even ready to bring the TD car to your home.
    What I mean to say is that most TATA-FIAT dealers do not take the effort to convert a casual enquiry to a sale. The first impression that a buyer gets about a dealer is crucial in choosing or not chosing to buy from them. This will change if there is a dedicated FIAT sales team(not TATA-sponsored).
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is no point in such discussions time and again at TFI. We need to give ourselves a break. :sadblue

A typical Indian considers VW a German Engineering. Let me share with you what happened with me today. :A

- I was waiting for my mom in a parking in sector-34, Chandigarh. I found a vacant space and parked besides a VW Polo.
    - After about 5 minutes, a middle aged man appeared and stood some 20-40 yards away from me and his Polo. Then he slowly came near me as he was about to finish a call he was attending to (he was apparently talking to his son who was in a nearby parking and he had come to pick him up in their brand new VW Polo).
    - Now he came near me and asked me the FE of Punto. I told me my FE after which he said that

I was in no mood to bring him back to Earth so did not say anything and simply told him that "I wanted some features in the car so did not prefer Polo"

I did not talk about 3 cylinder tractor engine of Polo, less space, spare parts price, plus other issues discussed at BHP.

As he was about to leave, he sit inside and said "Anyways you can try it next time". :punch :punch :punch :punch :thumbs down

I wish I would have given him a piece of my mind. The words are still echoing in my mind. :firey

HE WAS OVER ENTHSIASTIC ABOUT HIS NEW CAR SO WAS IN A STAGE OF MANIA most probably.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FIAT does not even bother to highlight the product properly. What will it take to redesign a 2-3MB online brochure. The salesmen don't even the know the most fundamental basics about the car. Just like Fiat, they also talk about design of the cars, regarding the ORVMs and how they have the same design as Ferrari cars (Personal experience).
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This "German Engineering Made in/for India" is the result of a very agressive marketing and ad campaign by VW. That is what is missing with FIAT.
    Advertising campaigns have a certain maount of psychological impact. What you see, read, and hear most is retained in your memory more strongly that what appears once in a blue moon. Visual and print media have the widest reach. Both these were very widely used by VW, but sparingly by FIAT.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Right said... ::pP coming to think of it, it is a surprise that Fiat is selling close to a hundred score every month. They could have easily doubled or tripled it with a little more innovative and aggressive marketing.
  9. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    I am restraining myself to post here. My friends have already awarded me a PhD on topic "The golden history of FIATs in India like 'CarKing' of Indian kingdom , their super silent & secret comebacks and frequent closures (and their effects i.e. dealer's sucides), underground launches of new products, poor A.S.S., dumb Advtzments to reduce sell till death again(and their effects i.e. buyer's sucides), future plans for closure and then again secret comeback with new partner" :A :A :A :A
    by Dr. nk4FIAT (Thessis ka title kaisa hai bhailog)
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Until and unless FIAT begin selling cars in huge volumes , the exclusive FIAT dealerships aren't gonna make any economic sense.

Till then , TATA-FIAT JV is the way to go.