1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Will bad rear tire result in steering wobble ?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by ranconteur, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    You certainly have a right to form your own opinion, but the fact is that Fiat cars are known to excel in three areas, which are :
    a. High speed behaviour
    b. Ride comfort, and
    c. Steering feedback.

In all the three areas Fiat cars are a benchmark in their respective segments.

Instead of blaming the manufacturer, if you try to maintain your car in perfect running condition it will certainly give you the pleasure.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree ::D. ...
    Can we fit a WagonR steering ::D ..

If its a wobble due to rear tire its a bad symptom and benefits you to maintain the car prestine condition.Use it as self diagnostic tool.

Jokes apart... have you ever felt the roads in other cars.?
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  3. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    I absolutely agree with you guys . I dont know how much I will be able to cope up with driving other cars since even I am kinda addicted to steering feel of this car but then why FASS is not able to identify the reasons for the wobbling , it has been happening to my car from a long time even when tires were good (had them checked by apollo executive as well). Please it does bother you when something is not making you enjoy the car as it used to be earlier . And this problem is something not exclusive to my car , this has been the problem with some cars . Alignment shops around my place often say " Is gaadi me problem hai" when I say them of steering wobble . Anyways its better to strive for the solution rather blaming a manufacturer , no offences meant to anyone :)

@Arryan I defintely agree on the 3 points you mentioned above , that's why I bought a FIAT yaar :)
  4. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Update :

I changed the rear tires of the car , still car has a wobble in steering in speeds excess of 80 . Now what can cause this ?? Earlier when I got the car checked at FASS , they did not find anything wrong with the suspension . But at times I do hear a slight noise from the suspension on speed breakers , but that is for initial 10-15 minutes drive in the morning , I do not hear anything whatsoever after that , I am confused what could be causing this .
  5. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Rear is a dead axle in most of the cars including Fiats

Try exchange all the rims & tyre combinations , then balance and try again

If it doesn't work properly , u ought to have problem with the new ones , get it replaced under warranty
  6. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Hey Gagan , Today I put the rear new tires on front and wobbling vanished . So It implies that something is wrong with the rim of tires which were earlier in front . I am not skeptical of the tires as they seems to be pretty much new .

Gotta check with the rims then , although there is no visible bent but there can be some internal bend . Anyways thanks for the quick reply :)
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Any updates.....I have a tyre wobbling problem on front. FASS says it the tyre. The tyre on front left has uneven wear it has gone bald on left and has tread on right. I have driven 40500 Kms. Is it time to change tyres so early......
  8. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Main reason for wobbling is due to unbalanced wheels unless some major hit on rims or alloys has bent in it.

Try get your wheel balanced but as it has got uneven wear I suppose it needs to get replaced.

Get your tyres alligned and balancing at regular intervals to avoid such uneven wear. If your vehicle is under warranty and if service is done in near past, fass has to assume some responsibility in it.

Check your past job cards where wheel balancing is done and compare with the new. If weights are to be introduced, why it was not done earlier as it resulted in uneven wear. Also refer your past driving tracks if is major offloading then it may be your part to get it aligned after trip as due to off road driving wheels get misaligned.
  9. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i do 1 highway trip delhi-jaipur-delhi in a month..maybe because of that the tyres have wear out so early....