1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why there isnt a Team Honda, Team Skoda, Team xyz .....

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by gurjinder, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

The one common thing I see in most of us here is that we have decided to fly against the wind. Empathy towards each other keeps us united and this forum active.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Brilliantly said, Sun.

Many times I see my Linea in my dreams which eventually turns out to be good feeling for me. This experience has increased now ever since I am away from my car for quite some time. My love towards my car keeps increasing with the duration of my stay away from her. I doubt if this would happen for any other Non Fiat owner.
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Last December, I was in Delhi for the national round of Del Monte Quest' Italia, a quiz on Italy. The night before the quiz, the quizmaster, Mr. Kunal Savarkar, met all the participants while having dinner. He said, among other things, that the Italians are passionate about everything they make (also, check this out). Perhaps this passion has rubbed off into us, the owners. We can't say the same for the Japs/Koreans, can we?
    1 person likes this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

In India - I don't think so. Because we never really got the best that they had to offer.

Abroad, especially US- there is a HUGE community of Honda and Toyota guys. The online community dedicated to LandCruisers is pretty much worldwide too.

2 people like this.
  5. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Dear All,
    This all happens when we start "pleasing our own self" without harming any body else.
    That is when we start behaving brave and fearlessly and forget about pleasing every body.
    This character of our's makes us a rare specie of "HomoSpiens" while possessing the rare-cocoon around our bodies that also cares in synergy.

Guruji.... what makes us (especially me) blind-lover is when you don't mind the tease (NAKHRAY) of your beloved...!!!!!!

Hope I could express myself.
    Enjoy life Fearlessly.
    S A SHAH
    2 people like this.
  6. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

well said Dr. shah! All fiatians are indeed blind lovers! That no way means our fiat shows lots of NAKHRAY. Driving fiat is like living a life. It is surely one of the best things money can buy.
    1 person likes this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Sungoa really said it right. Based on the discussion i have with the folks, most of them dont even care for other same make car owners. For them, its just a good luking trouble free good mileage good feature and good ASS is enough. I guess even a beautiful box on a 4 wheel having similar feature would be OK for them. They do not even possess this nature of caring. If 2 polo or Swift guys passing next to each other, they dont even bother turning and nodding or exhcanging looks.

But on the other hand, please correct me if i am wrong. Since we FIAT owners are so less across india compared to Maruti, Yatch, etc. Hence we care for each other? Once we see alot of FIATs on road like other makes, i guess we also may fall into same "ya FIAT na ok" careless category like rest? I just dont know ATM.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

As far as I have seen, there are communities for specific brands all over the world, specifically in the US. There are forums for Subaru, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Merc, Jaguar, Ferrari - you name it. With India, it is a different story due to various reasons. Primarily, the Auto Fan community in India is still in its infancy. Secondly, there is no car in India that actually deserves a cult status, except FIAT. FIAT is to four wheels what Bullet is to two wheels. There are plenty of models of two wheelers in India, but we rarely see a community for a specific make of a two wheeler, except Bullet. Similarly, we see communities exclusively for FIAT and communities for the rest.

This in no way means that FIAT owners are a mature lot and are way ahead of their times. It just means that FIAT owners listened to their heart, made a bold decision by deviating from the norm and need a place that they can lean on to justify their decision. Welcome to TeamFiat.

3 people like this.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

It is a feeling that cant be put in words but it comes packed with the car and stays with you and lingers on well past the sell by date.

10. teky

teky Esperto

Looks like a straight lift from Tamil movies - you can probably make a movie called Ramesh'um Linea'vum in similar lines to Padminiyum Pannayarum. I sincerely wish that your family reads this, else I'll try all possibilities to ensure this message is passed on.
    4 people like this.