1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why there isnt a Team Honda, Team Skoda, Team xyz .....

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by gurjinder, Apr 22, 2011.

1. dharmesh

One thing I feel is FIAT cars are bought following heart not mind. There is bonding between FIAT owner and car. There are few incidents where my wifey said.
    1. What will happen to our PUNTO, if we shift to abroad permanently.
    2. When we buy our second car, it will be FIAT.
    3. When I overtake some other car, She says "PUNTOSSSSS POWERSSSS NO ONE CAN MATCHESSSSSS". :D
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Actually Gurjinder, there are several Honda/Skoda forums in other countries but not in India. In fact, there are model specific forums out there (e.g. dedicated to Civic, Fabia etc.).

95% of Indian car buyers are 'users' and not 'enthusiasts'. They don't know crap about ICE or modding. All they want is to have a tin-can that drives them from Point A to B and gives the highest 'average'. So they don't bother with forums et al. Out of the remaining 5%, I bet that most are non-Fiat owners, so they rely on Team BHP for supposedly 'unbiased' views. I cannot take away credit from TBHP for being the largest community of car enthusiasts in India.

But then coming to the last 1% - that's where WE belong. And oh boy, it does feel nice to be exclusive! Honestly, after discovering TFI and GearHeads, I have stopped visiting TBHP. When I can get Fiat specific information from people who understand their manufacturer's true intentions is awesome here. Feels nice to have an open discussion with like minded people, help out newbies and learn along the way.

I think the underlying point behind TFI is passion - the same emotion that is behind Fiat ownership. I have owned Maruti (800, Esteem), Honda City (OHC, NHC), Tata Indica and Hyundai Getz. But trust me, the passion with which I have owned TJet is unparalleled. A Fiat loves you back and that makes your bond stronger. I don't think I ever had/will have passion for any other car to participate in forum talk at 0830 in the morning!
    13 people like this.
  3. sungoa2010

The number of meets that happening frequently convey that we are not only like to love fiat with mouse but like to sweat little bit for it.:)
  4. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

People in office calling me "FIAT MANIAC".
    4 people like this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

All my relatives call me a FIAT FREAK.
    They say i don't deserve to own a FIAT because i spend so much time over my beauty that they all have started to have a bit of jealously with me and my car.
    Not to mention the constant battering of other brands..

I mean i dont do it because I own a FIAT (nor do i consider FIAT is the be all and end all of things) but because I've genuinely found mind shattering flaws in other cars that I dont feel like sitting in it.
    I keep asking my relatives who flame me for praising FIAT (they compare service and spares with VW ) ,they personally own korean cars (how about that for an argument?)
    I always tell me you don't need to sit in my car , you dont need to drive my car to make yourselves feel miserable about owing other brands ,Just open my car's door and you're face will start to shrink , Is what i tell them ;-)
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

I some time steal my son's share of internet usage for checking the TFI posts. He impatiently wait for his online game at Tinkle site(Supandi) and pulling my both hands, shirt and finally the mouse to close it. I don't know this Fight between father and son will induce a hatred for him towards Fiat. I am really worried about it. I have a hope in him to own a Fiat.:D:D My son would have peacefully played his game if I had bought a Jazz or Fabia.
    9 people like this.
  7. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Because they dont like forming teams, As every one have thier saying my car is best than yours ....

Only a fiatian will say OUR cars are the best in the world with pride and heart.

Also only a fiatian even though other person is not a TFI the person will give a :) sign . my personnel experience
    2 people like this.
  8. sungoa2010

We are proud to say about pros and honest to report the cons. That is why we reached 5000 mark.
    Even a Fiat bashing site will not give the micro details of niggles of Fiat as we give.
    5 people like this.
  9. macky

macky Amatore

5000!! thats one heck of a milestone!! probably fiat will wake up and atleast improve on their line up of car offerings!! I would love to see palio soon pitted againt the likes of Figo. coming to the topic, TFI rocks!
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

OT, but I just joined a new company and one of the managers who now reports to me said he owns a Palio. I asked him if it is a GTX or S10 and he said he doesn't know.
    Then, somebody asked him which car should he buy and this guy responded "Hyundai i20". He own a Palio for the love of god!
    Last but not the least, he argued with me that my OB Punto is not blue by any chance and it is "Violet".