1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why the Punto Evo 90 hp pulling towards left side while driving ?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by ajith uday, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Go to some reputed Alignment Shop near by and ask him to do customized wheel alignment for Punto. The standard parameter for alignment is not suitable to our road condition.

I also have the same problem and FASS always do the standard parameter based alignment hence for couple of days it seems to be OK then problem start again.

The standard parameter start eating up your tyre thread hence wheel balance goto effected and pulling start so normally when you go to FASS they do some wheel balancing with some minor alignment and voila things look better.

During the customized setup what i found that the alignment guys has adjusted lower left arm correctly after that no more pulling and thread wear seems to be even.
  2. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Thanks himanshukumar
  3. Ravi Varma

Ravi Varma Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3
    To add up to the info, my Punto Evo with 4000km on the odo has a slight pulling to the left. FASS checked the alignment and it's all ok. So I got the wheels balanced outside. But still there's a slight pull to the left.
  4. venkyvenks

venkyvenks Timido

madurai
    My evo 90 HP too had similar problem, car pulling towards left from day one.I have done WB&WA 5 times with the Truet Sai Motorss, salem and fass on the 5th attempt they have got it right.FASS had raised the issue with fiat and fiat had come up with different reading for wheel alignment which worked out 95% though the pulling has not completely arrested.
  5. abhishekpachore

abhishekpachore Amatore

Pune
    I believe in punto left pulling is there from first car manufactured in india. Many of the members here in pune has same issue. My car has also same issue. Till date neither fiat has solution nor fass.
  6. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As per latest communication with FASS in Pune, FIAT has provided new alignment values to the service centers after numerous pulling issues across the country have been reported. Those planning visiting FASS may note this and ask them to conduct alignment based on the recent updated values.
  7. Ravi Varma

Ravi Varma Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @mahesh.bandel Thanks a lot for that. Pls let us know which FASS provided that info. I got my alignment checked at Pandit auto last month. I'll call them up and check if they got the new values. My alignment report states "FIAT,2012,Punto 1.3JTD 75 HP & 90HP Diesel MY 12 (customized)"
  8. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    I don't believe that this problem is still happening to new Puntos. When I bought my car on 2011, I thought it might be a manufacturing fault for a particular lot. Even FASS was unable to fixed the issue, but when I reached to other wheel alignment shop, I found the technician quite aware of the problem and he was very confident to fix it, and as result he fixed it.
    Now this is really shameful for FIAT that if a local wheel alignment guy can fix this kind of issue why can't FIAT? And on top of the list now I'm very much doubtful about their manufacturing check-list. Do they really test all the car manufactured cars thoroughly? Or they just stick the stickers on the wind-shield. If there is some side-effect after the third-party hack FIAT should be transparent about this. Whatever it is they should come-up with a solution. No one will want there new car dragging left on it's first drive...
    Aviral singh likes this.
  9. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I do believe that the parameters are not available with outside FASS as initially i used to do alignment and balancing from outside FASS to save few bucks and time, but, in the last i left with remorse as somehow alignment again went out of track.

From my experience, the local guy just do RnD with Punto parameters as they themselves don't have the standard value for PUNTO(may b i m wrong) and doing so either i left with issue like eating tyres or wobbling or left/right pull. And, then i reach to FASS to get the alignment and balancing and voila!!! my car again on right track without any fuss for another 4k+.

Once i personally standing nearby my car to see what exactly camber and toe values and the mechanic showed me some bolt stuck/fixed to avoid one of the tyres to be chewed out but due to that fix my another front tyre was getting chewed out from inside :(

So, finally i make my self clear to get the alignment at least from FASS on regular interval(5k kms) or just ask them to handover the printout of the values and try with the local guys (personal choice and time consuming)
  10. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got the info from Pandit Auto itself. You can consult Rahul Jadhav (Works Manager) or Anil there. They are aware of the issue.