1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why not a 6th gear in Punto and Why use an out dated Palio gearbox still.

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by macky, May 30, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    agree to this one...
    I have the same setup as well and if anything my car has started to feel like a petrol w.r.t NVH.
    I've not a chance yet to open the taps fully perhaps this yelagiri trip will open up some avenues
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Roadroller?
    Yes Punto is a roadroller when it collide with a hyundai or Maruti. Not when it cruise.
    2 people like this.
  3. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Since first 2 gears are too short , It could have given 6th gear not only for the high speeding but also for the better milege I think. When I drove my Punto, Sometimes feel to shift gear up again which was not there. please note that in kerala highways Its almost impossible to go over 120 consistently in daytime still have a feel for 6th gear. ow they should make first 2 gears bit taller than current version.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I know taller gears give better acceleration (AKA MJD Swift) and that's where the Punto lags behind. But I also felt shorter gears give better high end torque for bumper to bumper traffic. Isn't it better to have shorter 1st & 2nd as you will only use it in traffic and on highways the Punto beats the Swift hands down anyways?