1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why my car has a FIAT heart in it?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Surya, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    When it comes to the mind of buying a car to a person it is the knowledge or information that they have about cars or the influence from family, friends that inspires them of buying one. I remember last year when i had booked a swift simply because its the hot selling cake in the town and every body has it in their favorite list. But i could not convince my self hearing to that the heart belongs to somebody else.. I am now putting this thread to list down all the Automobiles that run on this heart. Its unbelievable to hear that there are more than 8 models in India alone which run on Fiat's heart.

Cars that are running on FIAT tehnology both old and upcoming ones : (Please add additional indian and international models if missed out in this thread)

1. Swift (Maruti)
    2. Desire (Maruti)
    3. Ritz (Maruti)
    4. Indica (TATA)
    5. Manza (TATA)
    6. SX4 (Maruti)
    7. Punto (FIAT)
    8. Linea (FIAT)
    9. Ertiga (Maruti)
    10. Beat (CV)
    11. Enjoy (CV)
    12. Sail (Opel )
    13. Sail sedan (Opel)
    14. RIO (Premeir)
    15. XA Alpha (Maruti)

Source: What is common between Maruti, Tata, Fiat and General Motors in India? : Car-Nama

Note: Dear Mods, if you feel this as not appropriate you can close this thread.

Thx..
    3 people like this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Well said Surya...
    This is because people knows only what car manufactures showed to them.
    If you see Rio is promoting its RIO with new 1.3 Multijet engines from FIAT.
    But if you see any maruti advertise they are not mentioning anything about FIAT.

Then also people are thinking like maruti is making good cars in diesel also. Why because the TRUST factor I guess...
    1 person likes this.
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I saw a Quadrajet 90 on the back of a manza today.. :confused: as its a FIAT engine is this the 90HP heart ? Also does vista has it
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Surya, 90HP not used by any hatchback & Swift Dzire, only Punto 90HP (sports) has the 90HP VGT engine.

75-76 HP ( FGT engine):- Normal Punto, Swift, Swift Dzire, Ritz, Indica Vista.
    90HP VGT:- Linea, Sx4, Ertiga, Manza and only hatchback as Punto Sports.
  5. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    I believe the JTD Engine was from a (now failed) joint collaboration of GM and Fiat.
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    New Chevrolet U-VA (Diesel) - uses FIAT technology
  7. One car missing in this list is Fiat Palio Stile.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    New Manza Club class.. 90ps Q-JET,S-JET, Italian leather seats, Gadgets inline to absolute in offer from TATA
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I never knew anything about this not in ads, not in paper, not in Television its not the people's car, not the super car but the one car i saw and then fell in love with it.. i never regret my decision to drive this at first and then could not pull myself out of it..the madness and chillness in veins made me addicted to a fever called FIAT..
    1 person likes this.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did you see those seats? I m in love with it !! Why cant they give the new sport with these kind of seats, as its gives the true sporty look as the name commands !!
    Leather.jpg