1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why is it that only Fiat is cursed about bad quality why not other car Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by vIjAy_kHaSa, Jan 20, 2012.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

I suppose he is refering to two cars here. An Alto K10 and a Fluence.
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sorry Guys for the confusion. Alto K10 is my wife's car and Renault Fluence is a friends car these are two seperate cars.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    This verdict will act as a precedence for many similar cases in future. At least, it will make auto manufacturers understand that they cannot just dump a defective product on a customer and wash their hands off!
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

The report completely hides which car it is. From the claim amount of 4.3L, looks like a case of Figo though.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

From the article, it sounds for milking customer on spares & not respecting warranty. There are many eg. i have read on forums how TASS has replaced Turbos, clutch, suspension kits under warranty (even for 3 yrs old vehicles).
    I wonder whether other makers immediately replace the faulty spares under warranty like they do in TASS:rolleyes:??
    Why they should when they have 6 months long waiting period on their cars. Logic says that they shouldn't. They can easily fool a lesser aware buyer that it's his fault & not manufacturer's. The spare is available so customer pays it, get replaced & they think, thank god, i didn't buy FIAT because there is no spare available ;). One of my friend was forced to pay Rs. 18000 in 2 months old polo because clutch/gear box issue. He is very good/experienced driver & this is his 4th car in 5 yrs. So he is not a novice when it comes to drive. I would conclude that it can't be owed to his carelessness while shifting gear or something else which fried the clutch. It looked like a pretty much manufacturing defect.

When i suggested him Punto based on my experience, the poor guy was shocked & argued that " spares are a problem for FIAT so have not considered it even in my dreams". Well, spares are abundant at VW & they will make you pay all their spares:mrgreen:.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  7. sungoa2010

Here is one interesting thread on team bhp. Most people agree that maruti cars are most overrated and Fiat cars are on the underrated category(I am talking about the average behavior). The most over & under rated car in India - Team-BHPTruth always come on surface irrespective of criticism.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Why only Fiat is cursed for bad quality??
    Because,when a turtle lays thousand eggs,nobody knows,where as when a hen lays an egg,the whole world knows!!!
    3 people like this.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yep. That proves something with 1:100 ratio of FIAT Enthusiasts:FIAT Bashers at T-BHP.
    Truth is like a football in pond, will always pop up to the surface & never settle down at bottom. To keep it at bottom, one has to hold it with continuous effort. The moment one lets it go, there it pops back to the surface. FIAT has earned good will even among their haters & competitors. Though fact was never accepted face 2 face but deep inside...... is a different story!!

It has been said that Henry Ford used to doff his hat whenever an Alfa Romeo passed. FYI, Henry ford was one of the all time greatest industrialists & founder of Ford Motor Company.

So why FIAT is cursed, because it's not just ordinary & one more next door automaker. Gifted ones always invite more critics than fellowships, just to reiterate what Bala said above:roll:.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Yup.I meant what I had said-read turtle as Maruthi and Hen as Fiat