1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Why is it that only Fiat is cursed about bad quality why not other car Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by vIjAy_kHaSa, Jan 20, 2012.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am bit hesitant to put a mail to Mangesh as I did it before for some reason and never came any reply, more over somebody advised to post the grievance in fiat India facebook page which I did in morning and by now those have been deleted.
  2. sungoa2010

Why not attach a copy to Tata motors also. In fact TATA motors is more responsible for the scratches.
    I think posting the issues in Fiat face book especially during the new launch may give a negative image on Fiat.
    Tata get profit from sales and all negative feed back always affect Fiat. Most of the bad experiences are simply due to Tata service.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Well I am not sure how much they will help me but I could not see my beauty being hurt and bruised all over. so bought a formula-1 scratch-out for Rs380..now rubbing polishing myself . (nice excuse to burn some calories)

the areas which wont heal I will get it done from paint shop. I cannot afford to see my car again in Tata workshop for paint job and get it completely ruined..!!
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

yep, Fiat beauties look gorgeous with every possible thought coming to mind (covered in mud, running into rally's, jumping with humps, dull colours look even better than metallic n bla bla).

Most disappointing thing is that there is only one situation where FIAT looks equally bad, when it is dented somewhere or any visible paint job required. Especially for the owner who knows exactly where these imperfections are & tend to see them at very first sight than the rest of the car. I can feel your sadness.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Feeling sad after hearing what happened to your car Jayadev
    My car too have been damaged by ASS two times in the past but they promptly repainted the whole running board without uttering any nonsense first time and replaced the ORVM the second time.
    Make noise about it, complain to Fiat, Workshop owner they will have to rectify that.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  6. manjunathkl

manjunathkl Amatore

Linea 1.4
    Such things are just symptoms of a bigger problem - Brand Image

Fiat has to crack this tough nut and give a makeover to their brand image. Its easier said than done. I agree that they have done branding mistakes like choosing competing partners for sales and service etc. But things have to stabilize slowly. Remember, how many years Maruti took to build its sales and service network.

There needs to be strong differentiator that appeals to Indian Consumer-

* Fiat can bring better engines, transmission other than that they license to Maruti and Tatas. E.g. MultiAir, Dualogic etc.
    * Some patented stuff that others can't provide for another 4-5 years
    * Give maximum flexibility to upgrade older versions of fiat cars to new versions/features

This is exactly staying ahead of curve among the competition. If Fiat owns Ferrari, nothing is impossible. They just need the will and the skills of selling exceptional cars at a cost thats affordable to aam junta. If any manufacturer in India can do that, it is Fiat. Alternative fuels, electric/hybrid are the thing of tomorrow. Fiat should try to catch this early on and introduce path breaking technology cars. Constant innovation is the only true comeptive advantage.

When they do all this people will automatically stop talking about bad plastics/panel gaps etc.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    In my corolla in Kuwait You can clearly notice the gap on the door fender when closed, Is this a Quality Check, :punch
    The car is Toyota Corolla 2011 model..

8. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I just got a K10 for my wife. Its rattling from day one :).

The left ORVM got knocked out of a Brand New Fluence. The owner was informed that he will get the replacement only after 2 months as the spares have to come from France. The company has only got the cars and spares have yet to come :).
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

What's a K 10? Is it a Renault Fluence Model?
  10. I think K10 is a Maruti Alto